Does VLC player work on the iPad Mini4?

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of picking up an iPad Mini4 to replace my aging Galaxy Tab and want to make sure that VLC Media Player app for iOS will allow you to play the various file formats (avi/mkv/wmv) other than .mp4?

I want to avoid having to use Handbrake to convert each file I want to play that may not be in .mp4 format.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking of picking up an iPad Mini4 to replace my aging Galaxy Tab and want to make sure that VLC Media Player app for iOS will allow you to play the various file formats (avi/mkv/wmv) other than .mp4?

I want to avoid having to use Handbrake to convert each file I want to play that may not be in .mp4 format.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Yes, VLC does have an official app for iOS. Works great.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't have the license to read the audio track in certain type movies so I got Infuse Pro. I had to pay for it, but it's inexpensive and worth it.
Plus, if you have a DLNA, it's even more worth it.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't have the license to read the audio track in certain type movies so I got Infuse Pro. I had to pay for it, but it's inexpensive and worth it.
Plus, if you have a DLNA, it's even more worth it.

Thank you for the heads-up! With the Android-based Galaxy Tab, I was able to update the codec to play Dolby Digital/other audio formats.

If forced to, I will use Handbrake to convert the files, but Infuse Pro sounds like it will do the trick.

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
For the record, VLC runs fine on the mini 4. No need to convert file formats. Also, the mini 4 has surprisingly good audio.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2