Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Default Keyboard Case vs Bluetooth Keyboard

Hi iMore Community!

I have a silver cellular 64gb iPad Mini 4. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should get a bluetooth keyboard or a keyboard case for note taking (One Note and MS Word).

If you had to decide, which one would you go for and why? Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Default Re: Keyboard Case vs Bluetooth Keyboard

Welcome to iMore! I'd go with the keyboard case for the obvious benefit of portability.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    Welcome to iMore! I'd go with the keyboard case for the obvious benefit of portability.
    Thank you for your response! My only concern with the keyboard case is that it might feel too cramped. I went to stores, but unfortunately they don't have samples of the keyboard case so I'm not sure if I'll like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hyung Hong View Post
    Thank you for your response! My only concern with the keyboard case is that it might feel too cramped. I went to stores, but unfortunately they don't have samples of the keyboard case so I'm not sure if I'll like it or not.
    My wife has one for her iPad Mini 2. It's great for casual usage but I wouldn't recommend using it to write term papers or novels.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,722 Global Posts

Even the keyboard cases are Bluetooth, that being said, I didn't have an issue typing on the ZaggFolio Keyboard I bought for the mini I had some time ago. However I do have small hands. I have a Zagg Rugged Book for my Air 2 and it works quite well. It just comes down to what size you're looking for. I believe Zagg makes a more full size keyboard that you just rest your iPad or iPhone in the stand and start typing away.