Lost or deleted material - Calendar app, iPad Mini 4

Andrewdyke

May 19, 2016
Visit site
While away on holiday recently I wrote quite a detailed daily diary. I used my iPad mini 4 in the notes section of the calendar app. It was useful to write accounts of actual days in date order. A particularly eventful day was April 17th. I wrote the account a few days after this and as I was nearing the end, horror, it all went blank. I accept I must have pressed something to make it disappear. Anyway, I have looked online and there are a number of sites that offer restoration of lost or deleted material and they are all chargeable. I have no problem with paying for a service but none of them guarantee success. I wondered if anyone out there has had a similar experience and could offer a way forward. At the end of the day I could rewrite it all again but the first draft took 5 hours.

Many thanks
Andrew

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you maybe switch Calendar? I have 3 calendars in my Calendar app. Go to Calendar > Tap Calendars at the bottom > scroll down to your calendars and check the correct one.
Also, the Notes may be in an iCloud back up. But you would need to restore to get them.

Is anything else missing? Is Calendar toggled on in Settings > iCloud?

Andrewdyke

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the help. I have checked as you suggest, nothing. I was not connected to the internet at the time so no backup to cloud or anything. I will just have to get typing again. Thanks anyway. Andrew.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal