Why Won't The App Store Accept My Password?

Father Tech

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
App Store Won't Accept My Password

I powered on my beautiful, new iPad Mini 4 today for the first time. All is going well, but unfortunately I've run into a problem: The App Store won't accept my Apple ID password! The message is:

"Verification Failed. Your Apple ID or password is incorrect."

What's crazy is that I'm able to update pre-installed apps. And I can sign in to iTunes on my Windows PC and get apps sent to my iPad from iTunes. But I can't get apps from the App Store!

How can I get the App Store to accept my password?

Father Tech

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: App Store Won't Accept My Password

SOLVED!

I was able to <ahem> solve my own problem.

Has anyone ever realized how similar the number "1" and the letter "l" look?

:redface: :redface: :) ;) :yes:

Father Tech

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site

I am the OP. Here's what happened:

I did not know that the same people run both iMore and Android Central. I previously signed up at Android Central with an Android-centric name (Daddyroid) which was automatically assigned to me for this forum also. I decided that I preferred a platform-independent username, so I asked Mobile Nations to change my username to Father Tech.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I am the OP. Here's what happened:

I did not know that the same people run both iMore and Android Central. I previously signed up at Android Central with an Android-centric name (Daddyroid) which was automatically assigned to me for this forum also. I decided that I preferred a platform-independent username, so I asked Mobile Nations to change my username to Father Tech.

Glad you figured it out, and welcome to iMore!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods