How do I forget a network in iOS 9.2?

newby1111

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
How do I forget a network in iOS 9.2

I know that people have asked this question before, but the answers don't help me. I want to delete a network and recreate it (the old username is only good for a few more days). I have read that if I join the network I get a "forget network" option under wifi settings. But I don't (I get "auto-join" and then a bunch of options like DHCP, Bootp...). I have also read that if you reset the network settings, that will cause the iPad to forget the network. It just forgets the password when I do that: it remembers the old username. I guess I could do a factory reset, but I have lots of data on it which is hard to backup, so that's a last resort. Any other ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I forget a network in iOS 9.2

1. Settings → Wi-Fi
2. Tap on the circled i next to the network you want to forget.
3. Select "Forget This Network" at the top of the screen.

newby1111

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site

I know you are trying to be helpful, but you clearly didn't read my question. The "forget network" option doesn't come up when I tap on the circled i. I did search the forums before I posted my question, so I already knew to try that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I know you are trying to be helpful, but you clearly didn't read my question. The "forget network" option doesn't come up when I tap on the circled i. I did search the forums before I posted my question, so I already knew to try that.

If it's missing, you might try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
If this doesn't work, you may need to restore your phone. The "forget this network" option should be there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Sorry
If it's missing, you might try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
If this doesn't work, you may need to restore your phone. The "forget this network" option should be there.
Thank you.

Johan Van Opstal

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't like to reset all if I am not sure it will help.
Was anybody successful in getting the 'forget this network' option by doing so?
resetting network settings didn't help anyway, and then you have to reenter all passwords for networks you allready connected to.
So this is not a very clean solution.
Or can this be solved in an apple store?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77