Is calling facility available in the iPad mini 3?

I

iMore Question

is calling facility available in ipad mini 3

I want to get an IPad from USA . Is there any calling facility available in ipad (voice calls like normal phone) and can i get the locked one ?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: is calling facility available in ipad mini 3

iPads can make calls via iPhones using continuity/handoff or VoIP apps like Skype... And why a locked one?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

As far as I know, none of the iPads are locked to any carrier.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

No iPad is locked to certain carriers. They all originally come with a universal SIM card that can be used on any carrier if purchased through Apple. If you purchase it through your cellphone company they will give you one of their sim cards but it is easily interchangeable. Apple does not want to allow iPads to be locked to a carrier in order to make them useable no matter how you choose to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Smoll

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Is this also true for an iPad Mini 3? If bought one which was not suppose to be locked, but it does not appear to work with a SIM from Consumer Cellular. When I call the number displayed when I try to connect, I get an AT&T operator who wants to sign me up for a new account. When I use the SIM that came with it, I'm only able to subscribe 24 hr, 30 day, or other automatic renewal date services.😕

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2