Which is the better buy for YOU?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Didn't I see something about it having 100 percent customer satisfaction? I thought that was weird because as much as I like apple products, 100 percent is unrealistic.

But hey let's take the product that satisfies everyone and not do much to it. Lol.

Especially the camera which apple says is the number one thing people care about in their iPad.

I know the event is a sales pitch and all but if you get too absurd then it's hard to believe anything. Like how faster something is compared to the original iPad. That kinda means nothing to me now.

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Question,
My wife has the original Ipad mini. Do you think upgrading to the Ipad mini 3 for her will see a decent improvement? I like the touch ID so would go with the 3 over the 2.

opinion?

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Question,
My wife has the original Ipad mini. Do you think upgrading to the Ipad mini 3 for her will see a decent improvement? I like the touch ID so would go with the 3 over the 2.

opinion?

The A7 that is in the Mini 2 and 3 is a huge improvement over the A5 that is in the Original. I would say that coming from the Original you can't go wrong with either the 2 or 3, just depends if the TouchID is worth $100 to you or not, but if you were already planning on spending the money who cares.

EDIT:
ipad Mini screen is 163 ppi and the Retina is 326ppi this will be noticeably different.
Also I am not generally a benchmark type of guy, but these are night and day: (Mini top, Mini 2 bottom)
Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 9.47.15 AM.png

Last edited:

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Question,

opinion?

Same here. Daughter has first mini and i'm thinking of selling and getting her the 3. I think anyone coming from the first to the 3 would see pretty good improvement with the better display and touch Id but anyone coming from the mini 2 has much less incentive to "upgrade" to the 3.

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, that is a big improvement on the benchmarks. I know what she will get for christmas to go with her Iphone6+ she is getting next month :)

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
N
Thanks, that is a big improvement on the benchmarks. I know what she will get for christmas to go with her Iphone6+ she is getting next month :)

Just to add on...my mother had an original ipad mini which w upgraded to ios8. I tried to use it around the time i got a 6 plus but the tablet was too sluggish for my liking. I couldn't use it after a while Lol. That being said any newer mini is a big leap over the processing power of the original ipad. Your daughter is very lucky to get the 6 plus and mini 3

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I honestly can't make up my mind honestly. I've wanted an Ipad for awhile. Currently I'm waiting to see if there are any good deals on used Ipad Airs. Figure since the new one is here people would be readily ready to sell the old off for the new one. So probably if I see one for a good price I'll snatch it up. Or if I can wait long enough I'd buy the Air 2. Going to go with my mentally of Go Big Or Go Home. Worked with the Iphone 6 Plus for me. :big-hug:

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Each of us has to make choices based on how we use the devices. For me, the mini 3 will replace my iPad 3rd generation. I'll appreciate the lighter and smaller form factor for what I use it for (mostly reading books, checking email, web surfing, reading Twitter). I am not interested in content creation at all, and don't care about tablet cameras. While lack 802.11ac is a bummer, TouchID will be sweet. Since I retain my iPhone 5s, and am hopeful they'll release a 4" phone next year (not everyone wants a big phone), the mini is a good step up. If I had a 6 or 6+, the full size iPad Air 2 might've made more sense.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of picking up a mini 2 tomorrow at Target. I have an iPhone 6, an iPad Air and the original mini. The original mini seems so slow to me but I love the form factor. I throw it in my purse every day and love to use it on breaks or on the bus. Right now Target guarantees at least $150 for trade in on any working ipad (ipad 2 or newer) if you buy the mini 2 or original air. So I will be picking up a 32 gb mini 2 for $350 minus the $150 trade in for my old mini for a net price $200 plus tax. I don't think I could get $150 for my mini on CL at this point so I might as well go for the Target deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I went with a mini 2. Cheaper price on apple site, and still get the nice retina display and portability. I like the smaller size of the mini and will go great with my iPhone 6.