Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts

Default Re: Upgrading to a Mini?

Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    Upon further review, it appears that the only changes to the Mini Retina are:

TouchID.
    Color options.
    Better pricing on the 64GB and 128GB models.

My bottom line: Pass.
    I agree. Why would I spend a bunch of $$ for these few changes? The new mini IMO is an Apple sales gimmick for people with too much money and too few brains.... LOL

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ricktye View Post
    I agree. Why would I spend a bunch of $$ for these few changes? The new mini IMO is an Apple sales gimmick for people with too much money and too few brains.... LOL

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Or, who are upgrading from the 1st gen mini and like the form factor
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ricktye View Post
    While I don’t consider the iPad Mini 3 a worthwhile upgrade from the iPad Mini 2, your take might be just a bit harsh. As a first iPad or an upgrade from an older device, the iPad Mini 3 is not a bad move.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

Default Upgrading to a Mini?

249 vs 399? I'd say it's a bad deal even for new buyers. A refurb mini 2 is the way to go.
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    249 vs 399? I'd say it's a bad deal even for new buyers
    The $249 iPad Mini does not have the retina display. The iPad Mini 2 (retina) is $299, vs $399 for the iPad Mini 3 (retina and TouchID). I’m not saying the Mini 3 is worth an extra c-note over the Mini 2, but IMO, the Mini 2 is definitely worth an extra $50 over the original Mini, if just for the retina screen.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

Refurb or discounted mini retinas are 249.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    2,133 Global Posts

i actually recently bought a mini 2 real cheap, because didnt see the 3 as worthwhile for spending the extra money...
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    687 Global Posts

Haivng an iPad 3 since 2012, I was definitely in the market for a new iPad. I had used the mini retina (now the mini 2) briefly in the store before, and fell in love with it. However, it was tough to justify as my workhorse iPad 3 continued to serve me well. Now I'll give my iPad 3 to my wife and take the mini 3 for myself. Ordered Saturday, should be here by the end of the week.
    iMore Nanite

Bought the mini 2 at release. Was expecting to upgrade to mini 3 until the news broke. Then I went back to considering Air 2 but decided to hold off until Apple refreshes the mini with better specs.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

Just speaking size-wise, I always reach for my mini instead of the big iPad. It just seems more convenient, especially for travel. I can't say I ever feel the smaller screen is restrictive. I don't feel weird carrying the mini into a restaurant, but I wouldn't do that with a big iPad. I have small secretary-type desks (the style, not the occupation) and the mini doesn't get in the way there, but the big iPad would. It's a lot more comfortable for reading/surfing in bed. BUT if I had to choose only one...I don't know. I have found that since I got the 6 Plus, both iPads spend a lot of time just sitting there.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,516 Global Posts

I skipped the mini 3. My first iPad was the first gen mini which I loved. Then I got the iPad Air. I liked it but I missed the portability of the mini. I then got a samsung Galaxy tab pro 10.1 and a nexus 7 2013. I like my tab pro but I'm not keen on the nexus 7. I was debating wether to replace it with a tab pro 8.3/tab S 8.3 or the iPad mini 3. After seeing the measly upgrade that is the mini 3 I decided to get the mini 2.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

I have this dilemma. Going back and forth deciding if I should pick one up but kind of afraid it will just sit there. However, I do want to get one with a higher storage capacity than my 6+ in order to store photos and have more apps. Sigh.. decisions.

I gave up my original mini and got the mini 3. I don't like the Air because it's a bit too big for me. It also wouldn't fit good in my purse if I decided to take it. I wouldn't of minded a mini 2 but I wanted 64GB of space and the Apple store only has 32GB. So here I am with a space gray 64GB mini 3.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Septembersrain#AC View Post
    I gave up my original mini and got the mini 3. I don't like the Air because it's a bit too big for me. It also wouldn't fit good in my purse if I decided to take it. I wouldn't of minded a mini 2 but I wanted 64GB of space and the Apple store only has 32GB. So here I am with a space gray 64GB mini 3.
    How do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by shief24 View Post
    How do you like it?
    I actually really love it. It's very beautiful and fast. I enjoy the fine print scanner for purchases. It's convenient in size and weight. Overall I'm very happy with this purchase.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

I actually picked up a mini 2. Too good of a deal on apple website for refurbished, and essentially the same as the mini 3 minus touch ID
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,758 Global Posts

I never bought the Mini and when the Mini 2 came out I went with the Air. This is why I bought the Mini 3.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts

We just purchased mini 3's. I have no need to wait for the rumored newer model that's coming. For what we use them for the mini 3 will work just fine.

Excuse my thumbs as they tap away on my "6" #SwipeLife
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12