Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By pkcable
  • 1 Post By Rob Phillips
  • 1 Post By scruffypig
  • 2 Post By kishjay17
  • 1 Post By metalchick719
  • 2 Post By scruffypig
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Shall I buy iPad mini 2 32gb ??

I want buy iPad 32gb I want to know if it's worth tell me cons n pros of iPad mini 2 I don't want spend more money for iPad
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,621 Global Posts

Default Re: Shall I buy iPad mini 2 32gb ??

Mini 2 is great! It has the Retina, plus the processor is still plenty fast. 32GBs is a good baseline although more is always better, but 32 should suit your needs. You won't get the fingerprint as that came with Mini 3, but you really won't miss it. While I love fingerprint scanner on my phones I don't use it much on my iPad Pro, and I don't miss it on my Mini 2.

↑↑ What he said! ↑↑
    pkcable likes this.
    iMore Pro

Default Shall I buy iPad mini 2 32gb ??

The only difference between the iPad Mini 2 and the iPad Mini 3 is the Touch ID sensor. Otherwise exactly the same. An interesting note is that every performance test comparison I have seen has the iPad Mini 2 edging out the iPad Mini 3. I have no idea why, but I am not complaining.
    asmaa97 likes this.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Mini 2 is great! It has the Retina, plus the processor is still plenty fast. 32GBs is a good baseline although more is always better, but 32 should suit your needs. You won't get the fingerprint as that came with Mini 3, but you really won't miss it. While I love fingerprint scanner on my phones I don't use it much on my iPad Pro, and I don't miss it on my Mini 2.
    Thank you I'll buy iPad mini 2 I don't finger print at all but I just want buy it for play games
    pkcable and scruffypig like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,625 Global Posts

I bought a 32GB iPad mini 2 in June (space gray) and absolutely love it. I think it's fine to get 32GB instead of 64GB for stuff like gaming and social media. I have a 64GB iPhone 6s, so that's where my music and photos go. So, I think 32GB is great for the iPad, especially if your main thing with it is playing games (that's what I mainly do with mine ).
    aximtreo likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Like the OP, I'm currently debating whether to get an iPad Mini 2 32GB or pony up a little more for a Mini 4 16GB.

Thanks to this thread, I've read that iOS 10 works fine on the Mini 2. In the interest of future-proofing, I'm wondering whether the A7 chip will be able to handle the next iteration of iOS (11) whenever it is released.

FYI - I would be mainly using it for web surfing and viewing videos.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tourstagefan View Post
    Like the OP, I'm currently debating whether to get an iPad Mini 2 32GB or pony up a little more for a Mini 4 16GB.

Thanks to this thread, I've read that iOS 10 works fine on the Mini 2. In the interest of future-proofing, I'm wondering whether the A7 chip will be able to handle the next iteration of iOS (11) whenever it is released.

FYI - I would be mainly using it for web surfing and viewing videos.
    I am fairly happy using my iPad Mini 2 for web surfing and videos. Actually I am using my iPad Mini 2 for almost anything I can throw at it. It seems to be fine keeping up with the latest iOS 10.
    metalchick719 and aximtreo like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

Ipad mini 2 doesn't support Band 12. If you use T-Mobile Band 12 is a must for future devices. I have the iPad mini 2 with 128gb of internal storage. Great device, to me it's the perfect size. I wish Apple would come out with a new iPad mini. Get the latest iPad mini model. Won't cost much more!! Just My Opinion!!