Do I Need the iPad Mini2 w/Retina? Verizon is Tempting Me with a Good Deal! :)

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Good day everyone! :) I’m posting here because I do not know where I can post specifically for the iPad Mini2? Perhaps a moderator can get me to the right place for the quickest responses?:confused:

I currently have an iPhone 6 and Verizon is tempting me with an offer for $200.00 off any iPad! :p I am thinking of getting the iPad Mini2 with Retina (16gb) for a total of $229.00. I do have a good laptop at home that I only use only at home because it’s a bit heavy. Not crazy heavy, but I don’t like to lug it around with me. So a few questions:

• What do you all use your iPad Mini or iPad’s for?
  • Is that a good price for an iPad Mini2 with Retina (16gb)?
  • Is this one of those “deals” I shouldn’t pass up?
  • I use my iPhone for calling/texting, social media apps, stream music, read magazines, YouTube, viewing photos…with that said, will a 16gb be good enough?
  • Do I need the iPad Mini2 if I have an iPhone6?
  • What are your favorite reasons for having an iPad Mini?

I plan on going to Verizon to get it today and was hoping to get some advice on whether I should splurge and if this is a good deal and/or necessary? :confused:

I kind of like the thought of being able to take it with me and lay on the couch or bed without using such a heavy device like my laptop.

Any input you can offer is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!:)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Will it have to be on a data plan? Ask before you buy unless that's ok with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I use my iPad for everything I use my iPhone for plus word processing. I do have the data plan I don't use it that much but it comes in handy for the times when I cannot connect to wifi. I have the 32 gig model but if you don't download a lot of apps the 16 might work well for you.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thread moved to appropriate forum...

If spending the money won't cause you any hardship like not being able to buy food, pay rent, or whatever... do it. Enjoy the new toy. Or - don't. It's really your decision no matter what a collection of strangers on an internet forum say.

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! The $ is fine. Just wanting answers to some of the questions I listed in my original post.

Also, trying to figure out what people use them for?

Is there a real benefit to an iPad mini over an iPhone 6?

And the questions above. If I'm spending the money I want to make an informed decision.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If you have to do the data plan at $10 a month then tack on another $240 over two years for the data.
Personally I use my mini to shop, answer emails, play games, surf the net etc. love the extra real estate.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Aaaaahhh...interesting! That is good to know! So I'm really paying $469.00 in the long run...gosh I feel taken advantage of...not happy!

Verizon said that $10.00 is extra monthly for line access so I can access the web from the data that is already on the account...

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I use my mini for everything info on my phone when I want a larger screen. It comes in handy for videos and movies.

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Based on what I just said with Verizon charging the $10.00 monthly fee to be able to use from our data plan is this a rip off? It's actually not the $229 that I thought!

$429.00 retail so $229.00 + tax and $40.00 activation fee plus the $240.00 for four years

Rip off?

Verizon is stating that I could pass the $10 monthly and not have data access which is not such a great deal when I'm somewhere that doesn't offer free Wi-Fi?

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
It's not a rip off if you are using the LTE. Similar principle as what you pay to use per month for your cell phone to use the network.

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Just got it! It's the iPad mini with retina display. I'm watching you tube videos and the videos are highly pixelated and look fuzzy or blurry. Is that normal with an iPad mini?

I compared the video to my iphone6 and the video on my phone looks sharper and much clearer.

Is this normal?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh