I love my iPad mini

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
My first post here. Quickly about me. I do not own apple phone. I am long time blackberry user. I went through several tablets : blackberry playbook, nexus 7, nexus 7 (2nd generation), Samsung tab 2 and 3 , Samsung pro and another five other android tablets. I ended up returning each and one of them over the last 2 years. I just did jot like android ui and general sluggishness of android tablets? Even high end ones from samsung. I never gave a serious thought to iPad until couple months ago. I did take iPad mini with retina display and this tablet never went back to the store. I only regret not buying 64GB version because I like it so much and I use it all over the place. Work, play, my little son loves it as well. I even got jolt pen to write notes on my iPad. Awesome device with great apps. I like iOS simplicity much better than android over the top customizations. With iPad I get exactly what I need with push messages. iOS is much more subtle and low key than android. My only complaint that I have about the iPad is location of its speakers. I just hope Apple will put them on both sides of next iPad for better stereo (surround) effect. Needless to say I am seriously considering getting iPad mini 2 64GB version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I was once a proud Apple hater and an android fanboy. I use to root my phones, give them a lot of tweaks and was tuning around. Only better tablet in droid was the nexus 7. Since, i already was a Nexus mobile phone user, i didn't want to go with another Nexus device, the Nexus 7 tablet.
I already had a Windows Phone too and hence ended up buying the iPad mini with retina display.
Needless to say now. I had turned to be an iOS enthusiast. And now that i have begun to put my trust on apple, i'm seriously considering to buy a Macbook Pro Retina version for a quality portable computing need.
Full satisfaction and combo of UI(+App Support) and build quality? Apple it is.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, and it's good to know that you enjoy your iPad. Take care...:)

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I was once a proud Apple hater and an android fanboy. I use to root my phones, give them a lot of tweaks and was tuning around. Only better tablet in droid was the nexus 7. Since, i already was a Nexus mobile phone user, i didn't want to go with another Nexus device, the Nexus 7 tablet.
I already had a Windows Phone too and hence ended up buying the iPad mini with retina display.
Needless to say now. I had turned to be an iOS enthusiast. And now that i have begun to put my trust on apple, i'm seriously considering to buy a Macbook Pro Retina version for a quality portable computing need.
Full satisfaction and combo of UI(+App Support) and build quality? Apple it is.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Ipad is good. It is more expensive device but so what. I rather pay more money and be happy. Android just feels too busy and not secured. Having said that I am happy with my blackberry phone and I am planning to go for new passport. I do not feel need for iPhone. As to Mac. Well frankly I prefer PC. I guess I use what meets my needs best regardless of brand

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Ipad is good. It is more expensive device but so what. I rather pay more money and be happy. Android just feels too busy and not secured. Having said that I am happy with my blackberry phone and I am planning to go for new passport. I do not feel need for iPhone. As to Mac. Well frankly I prefer PC. I guess I use what meets my needs best regardless of brand

Everyone has their likes and needs, use whats meets them. For me it"s iPhone 5s, 13" MBA and the iPad 4. Windows PC not used very much, but some.

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Everyone has their likes and needs, use whats meets them. For me it"s iPhone 5s, 13" MBA and the iPad 4. Windows PC not used very much, but some.

One thing is certain that if I was ever to go and get different brand of phone than blackberry it would be 100% iPhone. I do not see myself owning android or windows phone. I do not see myself switch to Mac though. I am 100% into PC and windows 8. As you said it is all about personal preference. I enjoy iPad tremendously. It is really good device. The more I use it the more I like it. Frankly I did not expect to like it so much. After trying android tablets I was disappointed. It is 100 true that iPad apps are so much better than and android.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I sold my Nexus 7 (2013) to help fund my iPad Mini and I couldn't be happier. I loved my Nexus and it worked for about 90% of the things I need my tablet to do. The last 10% was the deal breaker, though. I take Skillport classes through work to brush up on my skills and pad my performance reviews (looks good when you take these classes). One of my favorite things to do on weekends is to go to my favorite coffee shop and people watch while taking the courses. The problem was it was a total crapshoot on if the courses were going to work on the Nexus that day. Sometimes the bottom of the screen would be cut off and that would make it impossible to advance the pages and take the quizzes. The courses work flawlessly on the iPad, and they seem to take less of a toll on the battery as well. *My* only regret is not waiting just a couple more months to see what is in store for the new generation of mini, and if I didn't think it was worth the premium price I could've gotten my mini retina at a discount.

jodonnell

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I also have used BlackBerry phones for a while, most recently a Z10, and used a Playbook at one point since I liked it size. I've been using an iPad mini with retina display for several months. This got me used to the interface so I just got an iPhone 6. I like both very much, especially how well they integrate. I'm hoping this extends better to my Mac laptop once the new OS is released. That said, there were some BB features I liked a lot, notably the Hub and the ability to easily swipe among applications.

MattKerwin

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
i recently made the change from the 2nd gen nexus 7 to the mini 2...

im an android guy for the most part but really agree with what has been said in some previous posts about the android tablets (even higher end ones, which ive had several of) being very sluggish and laggy...

i can not say the same about android phone, i use a nexus 5 as my daily driver and definitely prefer the stock android experience to ios on a phone, but have come to prefer ios over android in the tablet realm

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox