Help! Me to buy best ipad in my budget

sanjeet_deshwal

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi! all

I'm not a regular member of imore, as i own a Lumia but the guys out there in WPCentral suggested me to consult you all, as you are ios professionals. All i want to know is that,
In india i have two ipads in my budget : 1) IPAD MINI With RETINA DISPLAY (32 gb,wi-fi)
2) IPAD MINI (64 gb , wi-fi)
Which one is better (memory isn't an issue)
All opinions are appreciated

Sorry for ***tty English :p

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If having a retina display is not that big of a deal, get the one with the most storage -- iPad Mini 64, in my opinion...;)

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
As others mentioned, go for 64GB model.. It will pay off in longer run

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
See I am the opposite. I would go for the retina especially with all the cloud space options out there today. It's faster and has a much better screen. Put them side by side and decide from there.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I would go for the mini with retina, I think you should always grab the latest apple product you can afford when getting a tablet, phone, or computer

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
See I am the opposite. I would go for the retina especially with all the cloud space options out there today. It's faster and has a much better screen. Put them side by side and decide from there.
I 2nd this

I second this too. You say you'll use it for 'lil browsing and social networking and gaming? I'd go with the retina one, has better processor and screen and games will run better. Also chances are newer ipads will come this year which will make the ipad mini 2 generations behind. I'd go for the 32GB retina.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
It all depends what you're putting on your iPad my friend. ;) If you plan on loading up some movies, some music, and a ton of applications, I'd say the 1st Gen iPad Mini is your best bet. However, if you're like me and don't use much storage, I'd go for the 32gb iPad M+R. Best of luck with your choice, you'll enjoy whatever you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd go with the retina mini, as it's the newer hardware (the original mini is based on the iPad 2 which is 3 years old). Plus your eyes will thank you :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have no iPad, therefore no suggestion from experience. But 64 gb somethingiPad sounds good. And welcome to iMore! Come visit us more.

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Go with the retina 32 gig mini.

I will have higher resale value when you want to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Retina all the way

much better processor if nothing else

the mini runs games like trash after having the Retina. wife has a regular one

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Retina all the way

much better processor if nothing else

the mini runs games like trash after having the Retina. wife has a regular one

I disagree. My Mini runs games perfectly fine. I play many games with no trouble, daily.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If price isn't an issue I would go retina. Better screen and much better specs especially processor. Not to mention who knows how much longer the original iPad mini will continue being supported with the internals that it has.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods