iPad mini Usage Details

mglivesey

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
My iPad mini with Retina display is showing incorrect usage details:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1402044573.987711.jpg

There's no way I'm using that much storage, it just spontaneously jumped last night.

I've tried hard & soft rebooting it and re-starting it, to no avail.

Anyone else had this problem?

iPad mini with Retina Display
32GB, White, Wi-Fi+4G
iOS 7.1

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my rMini & my storage is pretty accurate. I also don't recall seeing any issues like this in the forums. Have you tried wiping your device & restoring it from a backup?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since you have listed 7.1 does that mean you have yet to,upgrade to the newest. I learned from Apple having the same as you that mNy times you overlap and lose much of your storage and if you do a clean install on your device as I did on both my phone and iPad to 7.1.1 much of what I labeled Other got cleaned out and I gained space and did a setup from the backup I made and all was good again noting that I just did it and not because of a problem. I did it to clean out all those updates I let build on top of each other.
Based on advice from Forum members and Apple from now on I will always do clean installs from here on after a full backup in iTunes. Good luck on what you decide.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my rMini & my storage is pretty accurate. I also don't recall seeing any issues like this in the forums. Have you tried wiping your device & restoring it from a backup?

Hey very good advice Nikki. I think we just mirrored each other except I am ore long winded. Lol

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem with my RMini which I think was partially due to installing my icloud backup from my iPhone 5s. I reset my RMini and set it up as a new ipad and the problem has improved immensely.

One other issue that I believe causes it the other usage to creep up is streaming music or movies from icloud without them being downloaded onto the device. After a couple of months I free up this space by doing a reset after backing up my data to icloud and the memory is freed up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2