Anyone using a Griffin Survivor case and have screen issues ?

stephanie85

May 23, 2014
Visit site
A few weeks ago I had purchased a iPad mini retina for my son , thinking he would need a decent case bought a Griffin Survivor case ...everything about it looks great and feels durable but we both noticed when he touches the screen especially with both thumbs when playing games it seems like the screen is smearing like a rainbow , it's not being pushed to hard when I try light presses for me produce the same thing. It's kind of like when you have a LCD screen on like a monitor or tv and if you push your finger hard it leaves like a spot for a second ( hope that makes sense ) but with the survivor case on the screen is not being pushed with force to have this effect. If I take the case off for him the screen doesn't do this. I took the case and ipad to bestbuy where I purchased it from and out the case on the display one they had and the screen did the same thing. I exchanged the case thinking it was squeezing the ipad to tight and the new case does the same thing. The worker at Best Buy suggested I exchange the ipad also ( even the the display was doing the same thing ) and the new iPad mini does the same thing. Is this normal or is the case damaging the screen? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks much

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I personally think the otter box line is a better choice. I put the defender case on my daughters iPad and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

seanwplandry

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my case. I found the screen was not as good with the case on. I loved the rest of the case but the screen protector was not working for me. I ended up taking a butter knife and removed the plastic screen protector. This may be an option for you, hope this helps

Sent from my iPad mini using iMore Forums mobile app