Lags and stuttering with the Mini Retina
I am coming from an Ipad 2 that I bought way back when it launched over 3 years ago (by and large the most value for money mobile device invented considering it still performs well today!).
Anyways, thing is, I am not happy with the performance of the Mini Retina. I honestly thought that looking at the benchmark and considering it is Apple, things would be smooth sailing. But, in general, it seems like at times it is performing WORSE than my iPad 2!
Scrolling doesn't seem as smooth, webpages are not caching at all (whenever I open one new tab, the older tab has to be reloaded again and it is not cached like with the iPad 2) and games that run smooth on my iPad 2 are freaking stuttering on my Mini Retina.
Is this normal, or should I return my device and get a new one?
- 05-05-2014, 03:57 AM #2
Re: Lags and stuttering with the Mini Retina
I think yeah, rebooting did the trick. My device was brand new, I set it up as new, so it must've been first day blues for the iPad. On the restart, it is performing much better, but still stuff like the Internet tabs need to be reloaded when I go to another app and return to the browser.
- 05-05-2014, 10:02 AM #4
- 05-05-2014, 10:44 AM #5
- By the_tech_eater in forum PoliticsReplies: 38Last Post: 05-14-2014, 09:15 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 9Last Post: 05-05-2014, 04:08 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-04-2014, 07:10 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-04-2014, 06:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-04-2014, 05:29 PM