Using the right stylus ??

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Have the iPad mini with retina display with 128gb of int storage. My question is about using the right stylus. Is there a certain kind of stylus that works better with the iPad mini ? I have tried a few that I have around my house and they just don't seem to work that great. The ones I have won't even work on some of the ipad apps made for drawing etc. Any ideas would be welcomed.
Thank You,
Vinny

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Er... nop. Why would there be a stylus specific for iPad mini? it is just an iPad with a different size, it has a capacitive screen like the other.
Sometimes finding the right stylus is much about trial and error. I've tried different cheap ones, some I liked and worked good, others not so much, so right now I'm happy with bamboo stylus solo.
When you say "they don't seem to work that great" what do you mean? they are not responsive? the size is not ideal?

The real question here, is what are you going to use your stylus for? (and how much are you willing to spend on a stylus) I, for instance, use it for handwriting 90% of the time and the bamboo solo has done a terrific job, so I recommend it, they even have new versions out. But other people need it to draw or move around or for all purposes.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Er... nop. Why would there be a stylus specific for iPad mini? it is just an iPad with a different size, it has a capacitive screen like the other.
Sometimes finding the right stylus is much about trial and error. I've tried different cheap ones, some I liked and worked good, others not so much, so right now I'm happy with bamboo stylus solo.
When you say "they don't seem to work that great" what do you mean? they are not responsive? the size is not ideal?

The real question here, is what are you going to use your stylus for? (and how much are you willing to spend on a stylus) I, for instance, use it for handwriting 90% of the time and the bamboo solo has done a terrific job, so I recommend it, they even have new versions out. But other people need it to draw or move around or for all purposes.

Not very responsive is the right description. I seen a video on the bamboo solo, seems to be a top choice in a stylus. I have a rather very cheap stylus with a small rubber tip that fights me while I try to use it.
Thanks for the help. Might try the bamboo solo.
Vinny

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Works better with the iPad Mini? Not that I'm aware of, however, there are differences in how they work with certain writing apps like those that are signature based. For instance, I use the Adonit Jot Pro stylus that makes signing documents a cinch on the iPad and the iPhone. It's very precise, in my opinion. For selecting menus and such, I prefer the typical soft rubber tipped stylus.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Works better with the iPad Mini? Not that I'm aware of, however, there are differences in how they work with certain writing apps like those that are signature based. For instance, I use the Adonit Jot Pro stylus that makes signing documents a cinch on the iPad and the iPhone. It's very precise, in my opinion. For selecting menus and such, I prefer the typical soft rubber tipped stylus.

I have been looking to purchase a new stylus. Don't feel like shelling out 50 plus on one. I heard the pro could scratch the screen. I don't use a screen protector. Think it would scratch?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking to purchase a new stylus. Don't feel like shelling out 50 plus on one. I heard the pro could scratch the screen. I don't use a screen protector. Think it would scratch?

I don't see how. It won't even work without its disk. Still, I use it primarily for writing and signing.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm ok thanks. I was looking at the script but it's a bit expensive.

I just watched a video of the Adonit Jot Script (Evernote Edition) and I must admit that it looks nice, however, there ain't no way I'm paying $75 for it. That's $40 more than the Jot Pro.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just watched a video of the Adonit Jot Script (Evernote Edition) and I must admit that it looks nice, however, there ain't no way I'm paying $75 for it. That's $40 more than the Jot Pro.

Agreed! Just ordered the pro from amazon.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm ok thanks. I was looking at the script but it's a bit expensive.

Ditto, maybe if there was a not Evernote edition it wouldn't be so expensive �� I was very much considering the script but after doing some long research I found out that most people agreed that the feel and end of it, it's not of a premium stylus, considering the price. Also the limitation with Bluetooth devices is compatibility with apps.

Tapatalkeando

Last edited:

kritter217

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I currently have the Jot Touch and I like it. I am looking to pick up a second stylus and was originally looking at the Jot Script but, like others, have been put off a bit by the less than stellar reviews. For 70.00 I want stellar reviews. I am now leaning towards the Jot Pro or, a new contender for me, the TruGlide Apex by Lynktec. Two questions - is the Pro a worthy upgrade to the Touch, and has anyone used the Apex? My primary use is handwriting.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the Jot Touch and I like it. I am looking to pick up a second stylus and was originally looking at the Jot Script but, like others, have been put off a bit by the less than stellar reviews. For 70.00 I want stellar reviews. I am now leaning towards the Jot Pro or, a new contender for me, the TruGlide Apex by Lynktec. Two questions - is the Pro a worthy upgrade to the Touch, and has anyone used the Apex? My primary use is handwriting.

Whether or not the Jot Pro is a worthy upgrade from the Jot Touch, I can't say. There's no battery associated with the pro version. Anyway, from what I can tell by the looks of both, I'd say keep what you have. I've never used the TruGlide Apex.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Whether or not the Jot Pro is a worthy upgrade from the Jot Touch, I can't say. There's no battery associated with the pro version. Anyway, from what I can tell by the looks of both, I'd say keep what you have. I've never used the TruGlide Apex.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the main difference between those two is that the pro has some sort of cushion in the tip to diminish the "clicky" sound it makes when in contact with the screen.

Tapatalkeando

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but the main difference between those two is that the pro has some sort of cushion in the tip to diminish the "clicky" sound it makes when in contact with the screen.

Tapatalkeando

I suppose. I've never used the Jot Touch. Only the Pro version. As for the clicky sound, there is not such sound with the Jot Pro so you may be right...:)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Have the iPad mini with retina display with 128gb of int storage. My question is about using the right stylus. Is there a certain kind of stylus that works better with the iPad mini ? I have tried a few that I have around my house and they just don't seem to work that great. The ones I have won't even work on some of the ipad apps made for drawing etc. Any ideas would be welcomed.
Thank You,
Vinny

I use the Just Mobile Alupen Stylus for my rMini and my iPad 3 & it works great. No issues with note taking apps or games...I love it!!

bitek

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I got myself jolt pro stylus. I am happy with it. My understanding is that there is no perfect stylus for iPad because iPad screen is not meant to be used with stylus like say surface pro tablet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro