Finally Gave In On Mini Retina

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I waited for a while to get an ipad mini retina. However, with it being $50 off at best buy, I figured I'll grab it. What an awesome device! I previously complained about to color gamut issue but it's no biggie it is still a great display. I'm very anal about manufacturing issues and I'm fortunate not to have dead pixels or screen burn in issues. I guess I lucked out of all the issues I see posted here. For anyone wondering about skin protections, get the spigen ultra matte! A bit pricey but the quality is best. It comes with matte back full body protection and their ultra crystal front screen protection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I keep mulling over getting one or not and I'm still not sure. May wait until the next mini is out and then pick one up. Decisions, decisions.

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just came back to Apple too, I bought my wife an iPad mini w/ Retina for valentines and I like it so much I told her I wanted one too. I still love my Nexus 7 and I am more connected to the android ecosystem, but I really liked the iPad mini too. I still dislike iOS 7. I went with a Spigen Tough Armor case for the iPad, I have one for my Nexus 5 and I love it.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I had no idea how amazing the battery is! Wow!!! This thing lasts with 60-75% brightness. Can't wait when an iPhone can last as long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I just came back to Apple too, I bought my wife an iPad mini w/ Retina for valentines and I like it so much I told her I wanted one too. I still love my Nexus 7 and I am more connected to the android ecosystem, but I really liked the iPad mini too. I still dislike iOS 7. I went with a Spigen Tough Armor case for the iPad, I have one for my Nexus 5 and I love it.

Oh mate your subconscious has already taken over and starts to pull you towards Apple, I can read that in these few lines. :biggrin: You'll end up with your own iPad, fighting it is in vain. :)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought a space gray retina mini and I like it but I am keeping my Nexus 7 too. I believe that the 7" to 8" form factor is perfect for my uses. I was strictly iOS for some time then I changed to android. This will be my wife and I's 3rd iPad. Its funny right now we are sampling all 3 of the mobile ecosystems. She has a Windows phone Lumia 920, I have a Nexus 5 &7, and we both have iPad mini retina's.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same boat. I was an avid apple user. Switched to android and now I'm back to all apple again. I love the android ecosystem but the battery life and inconsistent reliability annoyed me way too much. I'm back to apple with my Rmini and 5s along with all of the other apple gadgets I have in the house. It's nice to have everything all from apple again. Makes my life a lot easier.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I am also a two OS kind of guy. I have always had Android devices, I mean I always have the latest & greatest Android. Rene Richie kinda talked me into trying the iphone 5, loved the hardware but the OS took time getting use to. Updated to the 5S with 64gb of storage, love it. Now I'm waiting on my iPad mini with retina display and had to get the 128gb version. I have white and silver for both the phones and new iPad. Now I'm just waiting for the UPS driver. I am just a freaken but who loves tech, especially Mobile.
Vinny

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've just given in too. I've just order a retina mini. I've had the first gen mini for over a year now. Was trying to hold out, but I've decided to treat myself to the upgrade. At least it will be more future proof and off course there are the screen and processing power enhancements.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Spartan John-117

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I waited for a while to get an ipad mini retina. However, with it being $50 off at best buy, I figured I'll grab it. What an awesome device! I previously complained about to color gamut issue but it's no biggie it is still a great display. I'm very anal about manufacturing issues and I'm fortunate not to have dead pixels or screen burn in issues. I guess I lucked out of all the issues I see posted here. For anyone wondering about skin protections, get the spigen ultra matte! A bit pricey but the quality is best. It comes with matte back full body protection and their ultra crystal front screen protection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I waited and got mine at target, had a 32GB space grey, 5% coupon at target and my friend gave me her 10% discount on top of that. I did have to surrender my free $50 target gift card, no big deal tho

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost