16G wifi+ LTE or 32GB wifi only?

Pitchaya Pcy

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I can't decide which iPad should I picks.. At first I was thinking to go with the lte+WiFi because I'm a lot going outside and it would be annoying if I shared my cellular from my phone to the iPad... But meanwhile I'm want to play a lot of games on iPad too... Well no movie or music of course, I can watch something on YouTube rather... Anyway I can't afford 32GB WiFi+LTE due limited budget.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Go with the 32GB.

If you're totally without any available WIFI you can tether to your phone when needed and if your service plan includes it... it's not that big a hassle to do. And having more storage on the iPad will be of greater utility in the long run.

Pitchaya Pcy

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah forgot to mention, my phone would ran out of battery before the iPad did :p (well, it a Lumia 620 which is has one of the worse battery I've seen) and yeah, maybe I'll consider on 32GB more then. Thanks you for the suggestions.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
If I had to choose between an extra 16GB of storage and LTE I'd probably choose the extra 16GB of storage knowing, as mentioned by kch, that you can prolly tether to get data access.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
32 gb wifi , anywhere I've needed iPad outside the house has wifi. I think 32 fb worth way more than lTe , I have my phone for that

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
TBH, I have found that a device having its own LTE performs much better than a device tethered from a phone. Granted, my experience with tethering was using various Android handset as the hotspots...perhaps performance is much better with iDevices. I do indeed love my iPads having their own LTE, it is indeed convenient and that is not to be overlooked, its just I think that even with the aforementioned, the extra 16GB of storage is more beneficial in the long run, IMO.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just depends on if you care about data over storage. I'd wait and save, unless you need it right away.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The more space, the merrier. There's wifi everywhere nowadays...unless you live in the countryside or somewhere secluded.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'd be remiss if I didn't note that the data connection you get at Starbucks and McDonalds isn't in the same class as what you get from your own LTE, but its good enough for the Facebook crowd, I'd imagine.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

MERCDROID

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on how much you travel. I travel a fair amount, so having the 16GB Verizon model worked out great for me. Plus, with T-Mobile as my phone carrier, I knew that there would be plenty of areas that I'd travel through that I had NO coverage whatsoever. So, that was my reasoning for getting the LTE version. But, as Keith said, if you absolutely had to have data on the iPad (and you don't travel as much as I do), then you can always tether and can't go wrong by opting for the 32GB Wifi version.

Whatever your decision, good luck!

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a plane nearly every week, I still don't see how travel is relevant? Unless you are hiking about???

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Pitchaya Pcy

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah, I live in Bangkok by the way. Yes there is plenty of wifi but not enough area / black hole / not free (monthly) its not like the first world cities though sadly.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah, I live in Bangkok by the way. Yes there is plenty of wifi but not enough area / black hole / not free (monthly) its not like the first world cities though sadly.

Well, at the end it all depends on what you are using your iPad for, mainly. Also take into account that the 16GB actually brings like 13GB. But if you are not storing a lot of heavy games/movies/music, only web surfing, a couple of games/songs then you should be ok.

I personally never consider a device w/o expandable storage with less than 32GB for myself and I don't store music on it, but I know that having 3G/LTE is very appealing!

Best of lucks with your purchase :)

Tapatalkeando

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
If u think that u get enough wifi connectivity than go with 32gb wifi only n if u can't afford 4 more capacity than sure go with 16gb wifi + cellular its mostly recommend ' cellular will more helpful when u want it.

Sent from Tapatalk:)

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I will say I absolutely love having cellular on my both my tablets. IME, the performance is better than when tethered to a phone.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice