Is upgrading to the RMini worth it?

hitlistbombshell

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey all. I am considering purchasing a nib, 32GB 1st-gen iPad Mini from Ebay. However, I can't decide if I should purchase the iPad Mini, or go and splurge on the new Retina Mini. My question is: is upgrading worth it? I'm torn. On one hand, I feel like the 1st gen Mini will do just fine. It runs iOS 7, is cheaper, and works fine enough. However, the new Retina Mini is newer, has a better screen, has a better processor, but yet is more expensive. So to all the 1st gen iMini users: do you think upgrading is worth it???

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. I am considering purchasing a nib, 32GB 1st-gen iPad Mini from Ebay. However, I can't decide if I should purchase the iPad Mini, or go and splurge on the new Retina Mini. My question is: is upgrading worth it? I'm torn. On one hand, I feel like the 1st gen Mini will do just fine. It runs iOS 7, is cheaper, and works fine enough. However, the new Retina Mini is newer, has a better screen, has a better processor, but yet is more expensive. So to all the 1st gen iMini users: do you think upgrading is worth it???

First of all, it’s not out yet, so every answer is speculation based on reports, product announcement and speculation. Secondly, we can't tell you if it’s "worth it" for you.

That said, I believe that the retina Mini will be a great tablet... it will have the same A7 processor that is in the iPad Air, and that is 2 generations above the processor in the current iPad MIni. It will also have a retina display - a display that will actually be "more retina" than the iPad Air given that the resolution is the same, but the screen size is almost 1.8" smaller (diagonally).... For me, the big question will be battery life - can Apple actual squeeze the same battery life out of the new retina Mini? Only time will tell. And it will be slightly thicker by 0.3 mm and about 23 grams heavier.

But as for me, I’m buying one...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

It all depends on what you use it for. Most people will not notice the difference in screen if you have never used a retina screen. Same with the speed as the mini still works and functions well. if you have the money I would go with the retina over the regular, or if you aren't in a huge rush you could always wait and see what kind of holiday deals they have for the first gen mini if money is an issue or you want to save some extra cash.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Haha once you used a iPad mini with retina display you won't want to look at your screen of your iPad mini again 😝 Get retina, it's faaaaaaar better 😳😁

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods