Question about Preorders

miscrap

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I've never preordered an Apple device before and I'm wondering how it works. Is it usually better to preorder for shipping to home or to pick up in store? I have several Apple stores nearby - would I likely be able to pick it up sooner at one of them, or by having it shipped to my home? I can see pluses and minuses both ways - the stores get regular shipments, and I could pick it up the day I get notified, but the stores only receive X amount, so I could have to wait until they receive their second or third or... shipment. On the other hand, the warehouses handling mail shipments should have much bigger supplies - but a much bigger number to ship out. Anyone with real world experience?

miscrap

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Pre order gets shipped somewhere usually home or office. Sometimes they also allow ordering for in store pickup which does just what it says and if they allow it it means the store has the item in stock and reserved for you.

If in store pickup is available it is faster than shipping it.

Perfect. Thanks.

vic867

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I will place pre-order and pick up at store if available. I am thinking of going to Apple Store as well to see if I can get that way, too. I will cancel my pre-order if successful.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
any more specific on sale date than "late November"? knowing Apple, this could be Nov 30... :confused:

miscrap

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
According to Target.com the release date for the MiniR is November 21st.

iPad mini has a stunning 7.9-inch Retina display with over 3.1 million pixels. It also comes with the A7 chip with 64-bit architecture, ultrafast wireless, iSight and FaceTime HD cameras, powerful apps, and up to 10 hours of battery life. Yet it still fits easily in one hand.

Maximum Resolution: 2048 x 1536
Display Features: Backlit LED, Retina Display
Computer Features: Built-in Speaker, Touch Screen, Built-In Bluetooth, Integrated Microphone
Processor Brand: Apple
Processor Type: Apple A7
Data Storage Capacity: 16GB Hard Drive Capacity
Wired Connectivity: Lightening
Wireless Technology: Bluetooth 4.0
Wireless Standard: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
Input Type: Headphone Jack
Output Type: Headphone Jack
Audio Features: Built-In Speaker
Number of Audio Outputs: 1 Rear
Built-In Webcam Features: Built-In 1.2 Megapixel Webcam Front, Built-In 5 Megapixel Webcam
Battery Charge Life: Up to 10 Hours
Operating System: Apple iOS 7
Software Included: iTunes
Includes: Quick Start Guide, Power Cord, Lightning-to-USB cable
Battery Required, included: 1 lithium polymer non-universal
Release Date: November 21, 2013

Sorry, should have refreshed before posting.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner