Survey: You have data plan with your iPad?

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
So since this morning, I've been drooling about the mini with retina display. I want to go for it this fall or Christmas and I was wondering if the wifi+cellular was worth it or not.

I could use both ways of connexions if I have it so I can't give an edge over one or another. Knowing this, do you guys have just wifi or wifi+4g models?

Is it work the extra money? Do you guys use it for work or just for pleasure?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I've only had Wi-Fi Only models. No data plan for my iPad Mini. By the way, would you like to include a voting survey with this thread?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This mini Retina is very tempting and have to decide on full size vs mini over the long period of time I would own it and of course the money difference.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So since this morning, I've been drooling about the mini with retina display. I want to go for it this fall or Christmas and I was wondering if the wifi+cellular was worth it or not.

I could use both ways of connexions if I have it so I can't give an edge over one or another. Knowing this, do you guys have just wifi or wifi+4g models?

Is it work the extra money? Do you guys use it for work or just for pleasure?

I have a ipad 4 cell model .. I got it because I thought I would use it away from wifi .. Yes it has came in handy sometimes. Most of time I don't use it thou.
The main thing you have to answer is how often to you take your ipad with you places ?
For me I take it to work every day so it comes in handy for me when I do need it.
If your mainly taking it places with wifi then no . If you want to use it outdoors like a park then it's worth it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have about 39 more weeks of a summer promo that AT&T had, 1GB/7days for .99?.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've always owned iPads with cell radios for in case I want to have a data plan. I can enable my data plan for 30 days if I want. And if I don't want it have it for 60 days, I can just discontinue it until I want it again.

It's worth it if you know you'll have a use for it in places that you won't get wifi.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to do wifi + data this time. T-mobile is offering free data for life on tablets and if you need more than the allotted 200MB, their plans seem to be more reasonable than the others. I love my Verizon service but I don't think I can pass this up!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I hate tethering on my phone, and it drains a ton of battery. Unless the day comes where tethering is a cost and battery effective solution, I will have data plans on any device I have, tablet or otherwise. And besides what's more cool than loading a James Bond movie on the move in a bus? lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well if that was the case, I'd gladly get the LTE model but being the data plans 30-50 bucks... I have to think twice

Hey Kevin, the plan that I have now is no longer available anyway so once my plan runs out I'll be forced to select a higher one.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

Last edited:

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I hate tethering on my phone, and it drains a ton of battery. Unless the day comes where tethering is a cost and battery effective solution, I will have data plans on any device I have, tablet or otherwise. And besides what's more cool than loading a James Bond movie on the move in a bus? lol

Exactly my reasoning. My iPad mini has been my hotspot for my ps vita, 3ds and MacBook Air. The battery just goes forever when I need it. Since in on a family share plan, the iPad just uses the data from my phone anyway.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been checking the data plans and so far I've found the T-mob one of 200mb/month for free... But definitely not enough and the coverage here around Fayetteville-ft Bragg is not good.

So looking into At&t the shared data plan of 4gb is 45/smartphone + 70month + 10/tablet or the 6gb for 35/smartphone + 90/month + 10/tablet. Definitely a rip-off in my opinion.

So I don't know what to do yet

vic867

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the first two models wifi only, and regretted it. The last two models I purchased with LTE and it was great. As a Verizon Family Plan customer, to add a LTE iPad is only 10 dollars a month to my plan.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well if that was the case, I'd gladly get the LTE model but being the data plans 30-50 bucks... I have to think twice

Mine I have the option for pre paid 20 bucks for 2 gb it's good for 30 days or when I use the 2 gb after that I have to authorize another 20 bucks if I want more .. if not I use it as wifi until I feel like paying for data again

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the mini with wifi+cellular. I use it for work and home. I'm never without a signal. I will always buy now with both in the future.

raorth

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I currently own the mini with wifi only, I regret not getting the cellular. Will be upgrading to the mini w/ retina wifi+cellular when available.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I purchased the first two models wifi only, and regretted it. The last two models I purchased with LTE and it was great. As a Verizon Family Plan customer, to add a LTE iPad is only 10 dollars a month to my plan.

Yep, it's only 10 a month for me as well on a verizon data sharing plan. Plus you should get a subsidy for your LTE ipad of 400 or more off making it cost less than a wifi only version.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW