Can anyone update if Apple pen or other pens and OneNote functionality have improved in the past year. Last summer I saw OneNote with a Surface pen was well ahead of the iPad. Neither as fast as just using a laptop so I chose a 12” MacBook over an iPad upgrade.

With my iPad getting really old and slow I might reconsider a new one if I knew a digital pen was more useful than 12 months ago.

Thank you.
    05-19-2017 09:10 AM
    What was your experience with OneNote and pen last year? I have the apple pencil and have used it with OneNote to draw diagrams during meetings. Haven't had an issue. That said, I don't use the pencil as extensively as others. I really only use it for diagrams. I take notes with a keyboard.
    05-19-2017 09:30 AM
    What was your experience with OneNote and pen last year? I have the apple pencil and have used it with OneNote to draw diagrams during meetings. Haven't had an issue. That said, I don't use the pencil as extensively as others. I really only use it for diagrams. I take notes with a keyboard.
    It did not ink writing to text the way it did with a Surface. Ultimately I found the 12" MacBook best for my needs. I'm revisiting this because my iPad is getting in the so old and slow. Something like OneNote with iPad Pro catching up to a Microsoft Surface might capture my interest. I think Apple’s tablet problem is my tablet problem. A laptop does so much more if you’re going beyond a moderate price purchase.
    05-19-2017 01:02 PM
    It did not ink writing to text the way it did with a Surface. Ultimately I found the 12" MacBook best for my needs. I'm revisiting this because my iPad is getting in the so old and slow. Something like OneNote with iPad Pro catching up to a Microsoft Surface might capture my interest. I think Apple’s tablet problem is my tablet problem. A laptop does so much more if you’re going beyond a moderate price purchase.
    Agree. I do feel like the iPad Pro should do more at its price point. I do love mine, but I could never use it as a laptop replacement. Perhaps one day ....
    05-19-2017 01:28 PM