Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Global Posts
    3,853 Global Posts

Default Why has cPro Craigslist app been removed from iTunes?

Why has the cPro Craigslist app been removed from iTunes for both iPhone & iPad download? I used it extensively on my iPad Air 2, but even though I transferred all my previous apps to my new iPad Pro...the cPro didn't make the trip. It's still on my iPhone, thankfully, but I sure appreciated it on the larger iPad screen.

I comment because it was an almost "perfect" craigslist app...and the rest that are available...well, they're pretty much worthless.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,826 Global Posts

Default Re: Why has cPro Craigslist app been removed from iTunes?

Still have the app in iTunes on your computer? You could try installing it manually via iTunes on computer...

Was it removed from your purchased list?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

Tried "Craigslist" by Mokriya?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TLD1 View Post
    Why has the cPro Craigslist app been removed from iTunes for both iPhone & iPad download? I used it extensively on my iPad Air 2, but even though I transferred all my previous apps to my new iPad Pro...the cPro didn't make the trip. It's still on my iPhone, thankfully, but I sure appreciated it on the larger iPad screen.

I comment because it was an almost "perfect" craigslist app...and the rest that are available...well, they're pretty much worthless.
    I just bought a 7 and noticed this as well, I still have it on my iPad and my wife has it on her 6s plus.. but cannot find it in the store on either device.. I did find a share link in the app and had her send it to me.. when I click it and it takes me to the App Store it says app not available in U S store

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id310947...mUvbUpU2826916
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts

So I contacted cPro support and this is what they told me

Why has cPro Craigslist app been removed from iTunes?-imoreappimg_20161002_231459.jpg
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I just tried CPlus for Craigslist. Looks pretty good and appears to be a viable alternative to Cpro. I paid for CPro, so this is a bummer...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
    I just tried CPlus for Craigslist. Looks pretty good and appears to be a viable alternative to Cpro. I paid for CPro, so this is a bummer...
    Dang just noticed this on my 7 too. App is still on my iPad mini but that's not the same!!!

Default Why has cPro Craigslist app been removed from iTunes?

I've been using Qwilo when I'm not just using the mobile web page on Safari.

Qwilo Craigslist Mobile App by Qwilo https://appsto.re/us/lZUk4.i
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,845 Global Posts

I'll add my voice here. App is gone. What the heck happened? This was the best Craigslist app on the app store.
    iMore Nanite

also very frustrated. This was the best app they ever had. All the rest of the ones out here are not very user-friendly. I paid for this app and now it is gone. Does anyone know anything else about this?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,845 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redley View Post
    also very frustrated. This was the best app they ever had. All the rest of the ones out here are not very user-friendly. I paid for this app and now it is gone. Does anyone know anything else about this?
    I don't think anybody does. This is one of the chief problems with Apple's walled-garden approach. They can choose to throw you out at any point in time with no explanation. This is the second time this has happened to me in a span of about 1.5 years. First it was a YouTube app that allowed offline caching of content that I used for years, and then cPro gets removed. It is very frustrating.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by redley View Post
    I still have the app on my phone, but now almost every description simply says "QR Code Link to This Post." Bringing up the same ad on the website in either Safari or Chrome gives the real description, so either the app is broken, was hacked, or Craigslist made changes that were never addressed. To make things more interesting, I read an ad last night and this morning, it has that QR code thing, both in app
    iMore Nanite

Perhaps it was because the app gives access to the personal ads area of Craigslist which has adult content, in violation of Apple's policies for apps?
    iMore Nanite

I was able to get the app back on a new phone from my desktop iTunes, but I'm unable to re-enable the premium features like multiple saved searches. I'm guessing I'm out of luck until the app is back on the store?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seisiuneer View Post
    I was able to get the app back on a new phone from my desktop iTunes, but I'm unable to re-enable the premium features like multiple saved searches. I'm guessing I'm out of luck until the app is back on the store?
    I had contacted apple support, they made it sound like the app devs removed it, which I went back to the devs who said that was complete bull****