Why has cPro Craigslist app been removed from iTunes?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Why has the cPro Craigslist app been removed from iTunes for both iPhone & iPad download? I used it extensively on my iPad Air 2, but even though I transferred all my previous apps to my new iPad Pro...the cPro didn't make the trip. It's still on my iPhone, thankfully, but I sure appreciated it on the larger iPad screen.

I comment because it was an almost "perfect" craigslist app...and the rest that are available...well, they're pretty much worthless.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Still have the app in iTunes on your computer? You could try installing it manually via iTunes on computer...

Dramer77

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Why has the cPro Craigslist app been removed from iTunes for both iPhone & iPad download? I used it extensively on my iPad Air 2, but even though I transferred all my previous apps to my new iPad Pro...the cPro didn't make the trip. It's still on my iPhone, thankfully, but I sure appreciated it on the larger iPad screen.

I comment because it was an almost "perfect" craigslist app...and the rest that are available...well, they're pretty much worthless.

I just bought a 7 and noticed this as well, I still have it on my iPad and my wife has it on her 6s plus.. but cannot find it in the store on either device.. I did find a share link in the app and had her send it to me.. when I click it and it takes me to the App Store it says app not available in U S store

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id310947683?at=10l3Vy

SuperSport

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I just tried CPlus for Craigslist. Looks pretty good and appears to be a viable alternative to Cpro. I paid for CPro, so this is a bummer...

redley

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
also very frustrated. This was the best app they ever had. All the rest of the ones out here are not very user-friendly. I paid for this app and now it is gone. Does anyone know anything else about this?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
also very frustrated. This was the best app they ever had. All the rest of the ones out here are not very user-friendly. I paid for this app and now it is gone. Does anyone know anything else about this?
I don't think anybody does. This is one of the chief problems with Apple's walled-garden approach. They can choose to throw you out at any point in time with no explanation. This is the second time this has happened to me in a span of about 1.5 years. First it was a YouTube app that allowed offline caching of content that I used for years, and then cPro gets removed. It is very frustrating.

mwb161

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site

I still have the app on my phone, but now almost every description simply says "QR Code Link to This Post." Bringing up the same ad on the website in either Safari or Chrome gives the real description, so either the app is broken, was hacked, or Craigslist made changes that were never addressed. To make things more interesting, I read an ad last night and this morning, it has that QR code thing, both in app

Seisiuneer

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps it was because the app gives access to the personal ads area of Craigslist which has adult content, in violation of Apple's policies for apps?

Seisiuneer

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I was able to get the app back on a new phone from my desktop iTunes, but I'm unable to re-enable the premium features like multiple saved searches. I'm guessing I'm out of luck until the app is back on the store?

Dramer77

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get the app back on a new phone from my desktop iTunes, but I'm unable to re-enable the premium features like multiple saved searches. I'm guessing I'm out of luck until the app is back on the store?
I had contacted apple support, they made it sound like the app devs removed it, which I went back to the devs who said that was complete bull****

jdomke1

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Kind of sucks for those of us who paid to upgrade to the pro version though... apple owes me a refund as far as I'm concerned... Was there for years until I upgraded to iphone 7 this past fall... middle finger to apple once again

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2