What are the best Wikipedia apps with OFFLINE database?

shyhermit

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a Wikipedia app that includes an offline version of the database so that the app can function entirely offline.

Obviously, it will not be a complete datadump of the entire Wikipedia, but it should include the most important articles and be of sufficient completeness.

I have looked at these apps: All of Wiki (out of date), Wiki Offline (crashes a lot), Wiki Offline 2 (subscription only), Minipedia (too many missing articles), Wiki Offline Pro (out of date).

What are other Wikipedia apps that I should try? Please post your suggestions and experience.

[16-Aug-2015] Bigeric23, Agree that the online real-time client is always superior. However, I am in need of a client app with complete offline access, as I plan to use it in locations where there is no Wi-Fi or cellular access. That was the motivation behind my original question.

Last edited:

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a huge Wikipedia fan, but the applications I have tried have never worked all that great, so it's easier for me just to use it online via a browser.