Re: Money managing app ?
Thanks. Quicken doesn't seem to be too hotly received and can't be used offline. Check doesn't support investments. I may be mistaken but isn't Shwab app for use with Shwab accounts only ?
Originally Posted by JustMe'D
I did, before I asked this question. I was hoping for someone to say "here's what I use and that's why..."
Originally Posted by Jaguarr40
Anyway, here's what I use so far, and that's why... I use Mint. The biggest advantage is that it requires minimal maintenance ( at least when it works) that is, it automatically refreshes your transactions in background, automatically categorizes them, and alerts you on the upcoming bills and unusual or large transactions. It allows adding manual transactions, splitting existing transactions, and has Budgeting that may be useful to some. It has some cons as well, which is why I want to explore something different.
1. It has no investment performance tracking on iPad side, and very basic on PC / web access side. That is, on iPad you can see your totals per account and the list of trades, but no real positions or any kind of performance reporting. On web, you can also see your positions, but that's about it, the performance reporting is minimal and often wrong.
2. It has no balance forecasting for checking accounts.
3. It has very very minimal reporting and whatever it does provide can't be customized, at least not on iPad side.
4. You can't manually track a loan in it, at least I don't see how.
5. Every now and then, an account sync misbehaves and needs to be fixed
So, it's good for keeping track of your balances and basic understanding of your spending, but that's about it.
Yodlee is another service, and I used it before Mint. However it became way too slow on web client, and it seems that it's paid iPad client is getting little love. So no reasons to switch.