The Mailbox App is now available for the iPad

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It does take a little time to get used to and I do like the Yahoo Mail app more, but the Mailbox app is indeed a worthwhile app, in my opinion. My only gripe is that it's only for gmail and gmail is no longer my primary account.

iridium7777#CB

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
could somoene help? I tried to clear all 1800 emails notification from the mailbox.app and it did it by moving all the mail to some "all mail" folder.

my problem is that now my inbox folder on regular mail.app is completely empty, i can't search old emails or anything like that, i actually have to go between two different folders to do something that i used to do from one place :(

how do i move all the mail back to my inbox ?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I use native Mail app. And only iCloud as primary. Everything else is pull on open... But again it's good users have options.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
could somoene help? I tried to clear all 1800 emails notification from the mailbox.app and it did it by moving all the mail to some "all mail" folder.

my problem is that now my inbox folder on regular mail.app is completely empty, i can't search old emails or anything like that, i actually have to go between two different folders to do something that i used to do from one place :(

how do i move all the mail back to my inbox ?

While in the archive folder, you can select a message and then tap on the inbox icon at the top to move it back, however, since there is currently no "select all" feature, your best bet would be to login to gmail via a computer or use the Gmail app to select & then move the 1,800 messages you mentioned back to your inbox.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use native Mail app. And only iCloud as primary. Everything else is pull on open... But again it's good users have options.

You're definitely right, John. I test a lot of apps for the experience factor, but like I mentioned in another thread a few days back, I will indeed re-configure the native mail app to use both gmail & yahoo like it is with my other 3 accounts. The native app is more than sufficient..:)

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I use the native mail application as well. It works well with outlook/live/hotmail, gmail, roadrunner, and my work exchange account.

The Outlook and Work are my Primary.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

iridium7777#CB

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
i guess i'm finding out the hard way this app is utterly useless for me. i like being able to search through my email not just getting rid of it, it's more of a life's communication repository than a to-do list.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't use it myself but was surprised to see that it's locked to landscape orientation on the iPad. That might be useful for full size iPads, but for the Mini I think it's a big mistake.

LLow

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. I prefer to read my emails over the entire screen space. In that sense, I like the native mailbox pp, because when I read it in portrait, it takes up the entire screen. I don't like how when reading in landscape, that one third of my screen space is taken up by the inbox list. But I do love being able to reschedule my emails to return to my inbox at a later time.

iridium7777#CB

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
This app is the worst thing that could ever happen, it's messed up my Gmail beyond repair. I honestly don't understand why it gets promoted when it fugs with your emailbox without a way to ever go back!

I've spent 3 hours yesterday sorting through my "all mail" folder and moving things back into the "inbox" by hand, going through over 10000 mail messages. And still, everything is screwed up -- if I use the Gmail app, I can actually see all the email in my "inbox", yet when I use the native iphone mail app, the only thing that it loads into my inbox are messages that are from december or older, i'm not able to see any messages from the last 3 month. Sure, someone could argue that it's a gmail issue, but point is i never had this issue until this stupid app came in and moved everything around without a way to go back.

I'm beyond frustrated with the developers and the app, it honestly is the worst thing that could ever happen to your mail.

I'm now testing out moving all my inbox gmail over to icloud to see if my phone will load the complete inbox and that may be the only way to get my mail working again -- to actually switch to another mail provider!

Read the reviews online and you will see many un-resolved issues with this app screwing up your inbox from multiple other users. This website honestly should stop promoting such an aweful app.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
This app is the worst thing that could ever happen, it's messed up my Gmail beyond repair. I honestly don't understand why it gets promoted when it fugs with your emailbox without a way to ever go back!

I've spent 3 hours yesterday sorting through my "all mail" folder and moving things back into the "inbox" by hand, going through over 10000 mail messages. And still, everything is screwed up -- if I use the Gmail app, I can actually see all the email in my "inbox", yet when I use the native iphone mail app, the only thing that it loads into my inbox are messages that are from december or older, i'm not able to see any messages from the last 3 month. Sure, someone could argue that it's a gmail issue, but point is i never had this issue until this stupid app came in and moved everything around without a way to go back.

I'm beyond frustrated with the developers and the app, it honestly is the worst thing that could ever happen to your mail.

I'm now testing out moving all my inbox gmail over to icloud to see if my phone will load the complete inbox and that may be the only way to get my mail working again -- to actually switch to another mail provider!

Read the reviews online and you will see many un-resolved issues with this app screwing up your inbox from multiple other users. This website honestly should stop promoting such an aweful app.

The point of the app is to clear your inbox and move all the messages into the all mail or mailbox folders in Gmail. If you're wanting to keep messages in your inbox, stick with the native Gmail app or the native mail.app.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

iridium7777#CB

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
The point of the app is to clear your inbox and move all the messages into the all mail or mailbox folders in Gmail. If you're wanting to keep messages in your inbox, stick with the native Gmail app or the native mail.app.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

i guess that is the point and i wish they would let you revert it. when done by hand, i'm not sure what mailbox did, but it apparently stripped off all the timing data, so even though i moved the email back to inbox by hand, what i'm now downloading in mail.app are messages that have dates all over the place. looking online i'm not the only one with this issue. this app is absolutely terrible and destructive, nothing should mess with your email like that without offering an easy way to revert back.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
i guess that is the point and i wish they would let you revert it. when done by hand, i'm not sure what mailbox did, but it apparently stripped off all the timing data, so even though i moved the email back to inbox by hand, what i'm now downloading in mail.app are messages that have dates all over the place. looking online i'm not the only one with this issue. this app is absolutely terrible and destructive, nothing should mess with your email like that without offering an easy way to revert back.

I don't understand since I haven't tried this app, but are you saying that Mailbox rearranges all your mail without your consent?? Moving stuff into different folders on its own?

Or is it just that it looks different when viewed through the Mailbox app interface?

iridium7777#CB

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand since I haven't tried this app, but are you saying that Mailbox rearranges all your mail without your consent?? Moving stuff into different folders on its own?

Or is it just that it looks different when viewed through the Mailbox app interface?

let's say you "reposit" or keep emails in your "inbox", you sort some, but some are unsorted, in my case i had 1800+ emails in my inbox going back to 2001. Mailbox "cleaned out" those emails for me and moved them to "all email" folder, leaving 0 emails in my inbox, whether viewed through mailbox app or gmail in general.

now my all mail folder contained over 10000 messages since every little thing that was ever deleted, junked or sent is in that folder. i had to manually find those 1800 emails, and when I moved them back to my InBox folder they've got stripped of all their date, so when i load my inbox on my mail.app the 50, 100, or whatever you set for most recent, make no rhyme or reason. my "latest" 100 mails in my inbox are now ranging from december 2012 to emails from 2005.

i don't know how the hell it did it, but it happened. if you look on other forums the same data strippage happened to other users. even if you go through the insane hastle of moving mail back into inbox your inbox is never the same.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Holy crap, that's terrible! I never move anything outside my inbox except to delete it entirely, so Mailbox is definitely NOT for me I guess.

Good luck with getting your setup back to normal--I feel for you!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner