Your Top 5 iPad Apps

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
1) Onenote. There's simply no better data storage app... for me at least. And unlike many other MS apps, it's being actively developed. Cross platform for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows, can be accessed via Web app in Linux and Chromebook.

2) iThoughts. For anyone who needs to work on complex projects, a good brainstorming / task generating application is a must. It's also very good for data management if a cloud based solution is not for you. Not a cross platform solution but works great with a free XMind on PC and Linux. Has a native client for Mac.

3) A tie between PlanBe and Calengoo. One is super fast, another is more feature filled. Both let me work with my meetings and tasks (reminders), which I sync to my Outlook at work and to my home computer via Outlook.com. The iPad's own Calendar and Reminders apps are extremely limited. The apps are not cross platform but you can use the same data also on Android and PC without jumping through hoops.

4) Keepass. It's very important to make sure your passwords are protected yet accessible anywhere. Unlike Lastpass, doesn't require a paid subscription. Cross platform on iOS, Android, Windows, Linux and probably Mac.

5) Notability. The best quick notetaking program. Can record voice & tie it to handwriting which is great for lectures and conferences (could be great for meetings too, but recording meetings is usually not OK). Not cross platform but the notes can be easily exported as PDF or RTF files.

Well, I can't have just 5...

6) Scannable. The quickest way to digitize boatloads of paper.

7) Hangouts. Not everyone has an iOS device, but anyone can install Hangouts. A decent video conferencing, good (and cheap if calling abroad) phone service, and messaging. it's great to be able to have a video chat with my kids in car on my way from work & make sure everything is OK. It's also great to be able to make phone calls from a US phone # from anywhere in the world there's a wifi connection. True cross platform (iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, Chromebook and Mac). That's what FaceTime should have been.

Last edited:

Ericclark4

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
My Most used Apps are:

1. Pandora and / or iHeartRadio - stream music
2. Temple Run 2 - endless runner game where you swipe various directions to avoid obstacles in your path
3. FL Studio HD - make music with multiple tracks with sequencers, melodies, piano or import a song from a library
4. Sketchbook Mobile - drawing program with various filters, brush sizes and color palates .
5. Youtube - stream a wide variety of videos
6. Sound Cloud - listen to various independent musicians

RalphCal

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
My top 5 apps..
* MoneyWiz ... great for tracking my various accounts.
* EnPass ... password manager, synchs great between my ipad/iphone/PC.
* iCatcher ... podcast player.
* AwesomeNote ... great diary/journal type app, can synch with EverNote as well.
* Bible.is ... great dramatized audio - I listen to the ESV Bible through this app - very nice.

I could list more but these are my top five.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My most recent "top 5 apps":
  1. Facebook and Facebook Messenger
  2. Hulu
  3. You Tube
  4. Twitter
  5. Weather Apps (I use a bunch of different weather apps)

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
1. Safari
2. Messages
3. Photos
4. Snapseed
5. Kindle

My iPad mini 4’s #2 , #3 and #4 are in the top five lately because of a new camera—RAW shots imported into Photos via SD card reader, edited with Snapseed, and shared over Messages or uploaded somewhere via Safari. ;)