Which magazine style news app do you use on your iPad?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Part of the experience on the iPad when it comes to reading is the overall experience.

While I use Reeder to quickly scroll through RSS feeds and check my regular sites, it isn't suited for kicking back and casually reading.

I've found applications like Zite, Flipboard, Currents, and Pulse to be better suited.

I personally prefer Zite due to the way you can customize it and how it "learns" what you want to read.

What do you guys use?

vvelvetelvis#CB

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
i used pulse on my iphone and when i got my ipad i dl'd the pulse app for it logged in to it and all my feeds were there. that is enough for me to give it a 2 thumbs up.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've always used Pulse, but the layout bothers me sometimes. So right now I'm downloading Flipboard and Zite to see which one I like best.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have Flipboard, but find I use Zite exclusively. I had a few more loaded like Pulse, but I deleted them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've always used Pulse, but the layout bothers me sometimes. So right now I'm downloading Flipboard and Zite to see which one I like best.

Pulse was a tad too busy for my liking. Zite was too limiting and I didn't like it choosing news sources for me. I know exactly what I like and the rss feeds I subscribe to. Know what I mean?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Funny how people wanting the same thing have different views on what the like. Makes the world interesting. Once post above said they don't like Zite choosing for them. That is why I like Zite, I tell it on a regular basis what I want more of, what I want less of, I pick the categories and there they are like magic, exactly what I want. The only downside is I get a lot of duplicates.

Flipboard gives me the whole magazine basically with mixed articles. I don't like that. I don't want to read something on every topic, I want to read what I want to read bases on subject. If I want to read about SEO or Web Design or Fonts I have that in Zite, not in Flipboard.

Regardless I spend more time in Feeddler Pro with my newsfeeds. I find I like that more and have a very organized and large download by folders and categories, plus since I use Google, I can read it anywhere on any computer or device and I don't have to worry about it showing up twice as Google keeps it organized for me. I don't get the newspaper anymore, read the headlines for local online and the rest on my homepage and such.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
....(snipped)...

Regardless I spend more time in Feeddler Pro with my newsfeeds. I find I like that more and have a very organized and large download by folders and categories, plus since I use Google, I can read it anywhere on any computer or device and I don't have to worry about it showing up twice as Google keeps it organized for me. I don't get the newspaper anymore, read the headlines for local online and the rest on my homepage and such.

But that is exactly how I use Flipboard & Feedly. I enter my Google Reader information that already has my RSS feeds and read them in magazine style. Zite didn't allow for that and it drove me crazy. As for Feeddler Pro, that is still my favorite. It just works! :)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)