Why wont my laptop recognise my ipad?

Frustrated-User

May 18, 2017
Visit site
Whenever i plug my ipad into my laptop it comes up with a message saying USB device not recognised.

Because of this i cant use itunes.

Im trying to do all of this so that itunes will enable me to factory reset my ipad using recovery mode since i have been locked out of it due to my sister putting the wrong password in over and over.

I have tried using different usb points on my laptop.

I have gone into device manager but what should be known as apple mobile device... is actually - Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). even though it says that i have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, to no avail,

ive also tried deleting itunes completly and then reinstalling it but that doesnt work either.

So anyone please help me fix this.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Whenever i plug my ipad into my laptop it comes up with a message saying USB device not recognised.

Im trying to do all of this so that itunes will enable me to factory reset my ipad using recovery mode since i have been locked out of it due to my sister putting the wrong password in over and over.

I have gone into device manager but what should be known as apple mobile device... is actually - Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). even though it says that i have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, to no avail,

ive also tried deleting itunes completly and then reinstalling it but that doesnt work either.

The one thing I can think of is that there might be an issue with the USB/Lightning cable. Is it the one that came with the iPod? I know some third-party Lightning cables don't work correctly when you try to use it to transfer data. Even if your original cable, it could have been damaged so that it is having data transfer issues. So my first suggestion would be to try a different cable.

Beyond that, I can't think of much, at the moment. Hopefully someone else will have an idea, otherwise my only suggestion would be to contact Apple Support or, if you have an Apple store locally, to take it into the Genius bar.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Are you using the USB cable that came with your iPad? Have you tried a different USB cable and/or a different USB port on your computer? Is your laptop running Windows? Anyway, check out the official troubleshooting tips via the following link.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73