Slow wake from sleep

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi, is anyone having issues with their iPad Air on iOS 10.x in regards to waking up from sleep? I have the smart cover, but it doesn't wake up when I open the cover. I find myself pushing either the home button or the power button multiple times, and it takes about 20-30 seconds for the screen to come on. It's a bit infuriating... Same behavior when I have the smart cover detached. I have tried factory reset (set it up as a brand new iPad/didn't restore from backup), but the issue still persists.

Help please? I'd love to upgrade to a newer iPad, but I can't justify it given how little it gets used.

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
20 to 30 seconds? Are you certain that the iPad isn't powered off?
Yes, I'm pretty sure heh. I don't power it off on a daily basis. I do restart it occasionally (either when it gets slow or for updates). Right now, I only have like 3 apps installed outside of the base iOS install...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm pretty sure heh. I don't power it off on a daily basis. I do restart it occasionally (either when it gets slow or for updates). Right now, I only have like 3 apps installed outside of the base iOS install...

Oh okay. Go to Settings→ General → Reset, and then select Reset All Settings to see if that helps. Alternatively, you can put your device in recovery or DFU mode and start from scratch just in case the installed iOS version is corrupted somehow.

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Oh okay. Go to Settings→ General → Reset, and then select Reset All Settings to see if that helps. Alternatively, you can put your device in recovery or DFU mode and start from scratch just in case the installed iOS version is corrupted somehow.
I'll give that a shot when I get home, thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2