ipad mini 2 or the ipad air

Gerrit Morisse

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,this is my first time to post on this website and im trying to find and see your opinions whether i should get the ipad mini 2 128 gb or the ipad air 32 gb. Both are similar in price with the ipad mini 2 cheaper by 20 dollars than the ipad air.

So the question is should i get ipad air for the bigger screen,bigger battery or should i should i get the ipad mini 2?
Also is 32 gb sufficient enough for the ipad air based on your uses?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,this is my first time to post on this website and im trying to find and see your opinions whether i should get the ipad mini 2 128 gb or the ipad air 32 gb. Both are similar in price with the ipad mini 2 cheaper by 20 dollars than the ipad air.

So the question is should i get ipad air for the bigger screen,bigger battery or should i should i get the ipad mini 2?
Also is 32 gb sufficient enough for the ipad air based on your uses?

I would go with the air. Better internals, and should be supported longer than the mini 2. 32gb should be plenty unless you plan to put a lot of videos/music on your iPad.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
What are you planning to do on the device? Will it be things that would benefit from a larger screen? Is better portability something that is important to you? What are you planning to store on the device? Movies? Lots of pictures?

Answering those questions for yourself will help determine which is better for YOU.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I would go with the air. Better internals, and should be supported longer than the mini 2. 32gb should be plenty unless you plan to put a lot of videos/music on your iPad.

The iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air have the same A7 processor, same Power VR G6430 graphics chip, 1 GB RAM, same Apple M7 motion. Both were introduced October, 2013. The iPad Air has been discontinued by Apple, while the iPad Mini 2 is still available. The major difference is battery and screen size. Both should be supported equally long as far as OS updates. The iPad Air is rated slightly faster with a 1.4 GHz processor, while the iPad Mini 2 is rated 1.3 GHz.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air have the same A7 processor, same Power VR G6430 graphics chip, 1 GB RAM, same Apple M7 motion. Both were introduced October, 2013. The iPad Air has been discontinued by Apple, while the iPad Mini 2 is still available. The major difference is battery and screen size. Both should be supported equally long as far as OS updates. The iPad Air is rated slightly faster with a 1.4 GHz processor, while the iPad Mini 2 is rated 1.3 GHz.

Yeah I was thinking about the air 2. My bad. Both of those are pretty old, so to the OP, if I were you and had the money, I would look into an Air 2 or mini 4 if you really want to get the most bang for your buck.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking about the air 2. My bad. Both of those are pretty old, so to the OP, if I were you and had the money, I would look into an Air 2 or mini 4 if you really want to get the most bang for your buck.

The iPad Air 2 and Mini 4, both start at $399.00 from Apple. But the iPad Air 2 has a 3 core processor...

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
This is really much more your personal preference. If smaller and lighter beats larger and heavier, go Mini. Otherwise, the large screen is better on older eyes. Mine are old (eyes that is), but I just bought a great deal on a Mini 2/128gb/at&t on eBay for $260...far from the high end of the current order, but I don't plan on a moon launch with it, and for reading, internet, email, and even Office 365 apps, it will be more than adequate.

To me, the form factor is the best out there - even the iPhone 6s Plus is "too small" for lengthy internet/reading sessions, and with the exception of comics, the Air holds little over my 12" laptop, so it hits the sweet spot for me.

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your primary use.

About a year ago I would have preferred the iPad Mini because I was mainly using it as a reading/playing device. But right know I'm doing an MBA and I wanted something bigger so I can take with me to class, read, work, tale notes, etc. I bought a Logitech Canvas Keyboard and I couldn't be happier.

Just evaluate your primary use and select the device tha suits that need, that worked for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro