- 11-24-2015, 08:38 PM #2
- 7,767 Posts
What USB do you use with your ipad?
Welcome to iMore! Are you trying to use a thumb drive to expand the memory in a computer or an iPad? If using on an iPad then you will need one that is powered and has a lightning connector. You'll also need to install whatever companion app comes with that device. Using a computer, pretty much any USB thumb drive should do.
You may also want to look into a cloud solution like Dropbox, OneDrive, or Google Drive. There is no additional equipment to purchase and connect and cloud solutions are generally more convenient IMHO.
- 11-24-2015, 09:36 PM #3iMore Intermediate
- 192 Posts
Re: What USB do you use with your ipad?
You need to consider what type of files you want to transfer. Last time I checked, the only files you could transfer directly between your iPad and a USB device where image files from the Photos app.
With IOS there is no common file system like on a PC or a Mac. Each app has it's own private space for files. You might also want to look at using iTunes on your computer for transferring files via USB.
- 11-25-2015, 08:43 AM #6
- By macbotlee in forum iPad Pro (12.9-inch)Replies: 11Last Post: 04-26-2016, 11:42 AM
- By Mercule in forum Apple TVReplies: 5Last Post: 12-01-2015, 08:55 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 1Last Post: 11-25-2015, 04:24 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-24-2015, 06:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 0Last Post: 11-24-2015, 06:30 PM