Screen spots

drmaf894c

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone. Pretty new to the Apple forums, but have spent a lot of time in others! So hoping I can get the same great advice from people who are smarter than I.

I have an iPad air, first generation (obviously since I'm posting here) 16 gb WiFi only. Have done nothing to it except update the software and use it for mostly business and some personal use. The iPad I have had since July. I have kids who do sometimes use it so it has been dropped in the past but not recently.

Just recently I noticed black spots on the left side of the screen (see the picture). Pretty sure the LCD is going out, or that's what others have said.

Thoughts? Easy fix? The iPad should still have a warranty on it but I don't have a receipt as it was a promotional gift that I got when I purchased some equipment for my vet clinic.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1448140833748.jpg
    1448140833748.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 14

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend you take it to a nearby Apple Store to have it diagnosed and possibly fixed since it's still under warranty, as you've stated.

drmaf894c

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I agree too, you are correct.

I just haven't had time to get over there. So I thought I would see if anyone had any insight here.

Just hoping for some thoughts.

Last edited:

drmaf894c

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! Does look like I'm covered until June of 2016. Feeling slightly noobish. I haven't owned an apple product since the original iPod mini back in college ha ha.

Thanks for the link!

Last edited:

drmaf894c

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey just wanted to give a final update.

Finally made it to the Apple store and they took one look at the screen said the LCD was going out and promptly replaced the iPad.

So good to know. Apparently that is a sign of a bad back light or screen.

Actually as I was sitting at the store the black bloches actually got worse as I was talking to the tech.

Hopefully this will be a non lemon.

Thanks for all your insight!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW