An iOS web browser that actually works?

I

iMore Question

I have been evaluating different web browsers for my iPad Air iOS 9.1. I expect any other browser to be better than Safari. I have found several, but each browser has its glitches, and with some, they crash freqyently. This is true even when compared to Safari.

The following is not an exhaustive list. When editing text in a message, like a post to a forum, when I reposition the cursor I cannot type any text. Instead, the standard text mini-menu shows up, like "copy", "select", and "select all". I cannot get rid of this menu without retracting the onscreen keyboard and then bringing it up again. On java ridden sites, some browsers tend to crash allot. When
I leave a tab with an in progress post to look up some technical information, as soon as I return to that tab, it reloads thereby wiping out my partial post. On one browser, when I continue to hold down the backspace key, the tab reloads, effectively kicking me out of the field I am editing. Then there is the very slow loading of pages, with some of the images showing an animated wait symbol where the images are taking over thirty seconds to load.

What is the the name of a browser that works? What amazes me is that related to all of the above mentioned problems, Safari comes out on top. A very configurable browser with very useful functionality is nice...when it is working.

Bob

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Safari works well for me in the forum. Yes, it has it's glitches, but I attribute that to the site or ads. Have you tried accessing the forums in mobile view?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have tried several browsers with no luck actually tried the pro the other day and it's no faster than my Air.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
i use the original adblock browser... be careful there are 2 different ones and from what i hear was a battle over names and patents so i will provide the link of the one i use. it has its pros and cons too but works pretty good on sites that safari doesnt do well.

AdBlocker Browser with Chromecast Support since 2012 by Appsolut Secure GmbH
https://appsto.re/us/YNCdG.i

lkveggie

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I use Chrome on all my iOS devices with no issues. I like that it syncs across everything and saves your bookmarks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh