My iPaid Air, is stuck in recovery mode after JB and hard reset will not power down. Any suggestions?

I

iMore Question

iPaid air, stuck in recovery mode after JB and hard reset will not power down

Hello everyone. My first post on here. Anyways lets get started. My girlfriend works as a cellular store, one of her coworkers jailbreaked her ipad air with 8.3 on it. She attempted to remove it by hard resetting her tablet. Of course that has screwed everything up. Right now, when the tablet is charged, it permanatley stays at the iTunes logo, even when its not plugged up to anything. Anyways, I attemtped to update the tablet with a fresh 8.3 and 8.4. Both result in unknown error 1. Also, if I could get into DFU Mode I could fix the tablet, but as it sits right now, it stays on recovery mode loop, even when I attempt loading into DFU mode,

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPaid air, stuck in recovery mode after JB and hard reset will not power down

Take it to an Apple store and have them look at it. Also, you might want to stay away from jailbreaking. I'm just saying.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPaid air, stuck in recovery mode after JB and hard reset will not power down

Press both the power and home buttons until the device powers off. Afterwards, wait for a moment to make sure the device is indeed powered off. After that, put the device in DFU mode and restore your device. More than likely, you're going to have to make several attempts to get it to restore, but you will eventually succeed.

DrayRayNC

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

Im still working on it, I did get it in DFU mode. Im on attempt number 4 now trying to load ios 8.4. Always Unknown Error 1. Hopefully if I keep trying it will restore.

DrayRayNC

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

after 12 attempts im still getting error code 1, baseband error, but it was fine before all this happened

anon(9179520)

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Try to re-download the ipsw. You could also try the public beta iOS 9 (just to have a different ipsw to try). Also try a different computer if you could.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

i would just redownload the ipsw for ios 8.4 for your model of ipad and try to restore using the newly downloaded ipsw

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2