iPad Air vs Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I love my iPad Air. Absolutely love it. I have a great setup with it too with a Tech 21 folio case and Apple bluetooth keyboard when I need to be more productive. But I was wondering how the iPad Air compares to the comparable Samsung tablet? Has anyone experienced both devices? I have only ever had one Android tablet and that was the Nexus 7. Although the experience was pretty good, the form factor was too small for what I wanted to do. Just looking for some thoughts on the iPad Air vs the Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have become less enthusiastic about Samsung after dealing with a lot of their bloatware but their high end devices definitely have the tech to drive a great tablet experience. If you are to go Android v iOS, with Android you have a less restrictive app store, more apps overall, and the ability to side load. (iOS can jailbreak of course but I would recommend neither jailbreak or custom ROM flashing...that is definitely something for an advanced user). I have owned some pretty high end Android hardware (Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 3) and found that while 99% of all major apps work great on both platforms, Android is a bit glitchier.

Now the basic Tab 4 10'' is a pretty modest device with only 1 GB RAM and a slower Snapdragon CPU. Compared to a few years ago when the 10'' devices were expensive as hell it is pretty great and it would be at the top of my list for a budget shopper looking for a 10'' tablet. However, none of the tech specs can really compare to iPad. It has less RAM, borderline storage comparability, and relatively low resolution at 1280x800.

If you go Galaxy Tab S which is price more comparably to an iPad you get a much faster CPU, a lot more RAM, and a beautiful 2560x1600 resolution. It is definitely a tablet I could recommend against the iPad if you don't want to be on iOS. I wouldn't call it better but I would say it is a solid premium competitor on the rival system, much like the Asus Zenbook or HP Spectre x360 are Windows rivals to the Macbook.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2