Why isn't my personal Hotspot from my iPhone showing on my iPad?

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Personal Hotspot from iPhone no longer showing on iPad

So I restored my iPad Air last night and ever since it does not show my iPhone as a peronal hotspot in the Wi-Fi settings.

Before it would show Personal Hotspot - my iPhone with the signal and battery % and I could just click on it to connect to my iPhones connection. I think it was part of Apple - iOS 8 - Continuity, but it isn't showing anymore.

How do I get it back?

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Personal Hotspot from iPhone no longer showing on iPad

So I restored my iPad Air last night and ever since it does not show my iPhone as a peronal hotspot in the Wi-Fi settings.

Before it would show Personal Hotspot - my iPhone with the signal and battery % and I could just click on it to connect to my iPhones connection. I think it was part of Apple - iOS 8 - Continuity, but it isn't showing anymore.

How do I get it back?

(You've probably tried these things, but just in case.)

Have you tried signing out of iCloud then signing back in on both devices?

Make sure Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on both devices.

Also, were you asked to "Trust" the iPad Air after the restore? (Unless that is only required for the Text Messaging portion of Continuity.)

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Done thanks though. First 2 things I tried

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I got it fixed. Actually I had to change the name on my phone. For some reason it just said iPhone. Once I change that and restarted it fixed it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415393147.515117.jpg

tmcleod16

May 20, 2016
Visit site

so i restored my ipad air last night and ever since it does not show my iphone as a peronal hotspot in the wi-fi settings.

Before it would show personal hotspot - my iphone with the signal and battery % and i could just click on it to connect to my iphones connection. I think it was part of apple - ios 8 - continuity, but it isn't showing anymore.

How do i get it back?

omg you saved my life

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro