Do you think you will upgrade ?

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
My iPad Air 128Go is already sold ! So YES I will get the new iPad Air !
I just wish it will have all those specs:

-AC wifi
-Split Screen Multitasking and also full background multitasking
-Touch ID
-A8+ for the multitasking power
-Retina HD (viewable outside in a sunny day)
-The same iPhone-6 camera
-10 hours battery life

And why not a speaker at both end of the iPad in landscape mode.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I would like to because I wanted the 128 GB version and LTE which I don't have on my current Air. I will have to figure out how I'm going to pay for it though. I just ordered the iPhone 6 Plus. I don't know if I want to spend another grand to replace a device that works just fine. But we will see. If I do, I will be keeping it for a while.

Sent from my iPad Air using Swype and Tapatalk

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm fairly sure I'll be sticking with my LTE model. Just paid a little over $700 outright. I plan to put this sucker though it's paces and get my $'s worth!

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I would like to because I wanted the 128 GB version and LTE which I don't have on my current Air. I will have to figure out how I'm going to pay for it though. I just ordered the iPhone 6 Plus. I don't know if I want to spend another grand to replace a device that works just fine. But we will see. If I do, I will be keeping it for a while.

Sent from my iPad Air using Swype and Tapatalk

I feel you. It's a shame that apple keeps presenting the new products almost at the same time. It makes it hard to upgrade all the devices at once hahah. I spent 500 on the plus. Including the leather case and the apple care plus. Ugh!!!! I want the new iPad so bad haha. And I'll be buying the Apple watch as well so I think I'm gonna save up some money for that instead.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
On a mobile sharing plan the best way to buy an iPad is to buy an iPhone first by adding a line. Sell iPhone. Put that sim in iPad. And then simply change your plan online. By change I mean like from 10 to 12 gbs so that the line is converted automatically. You then have an iPad line on contract at 10 a month. Change it back to 10gb afterwards.

Btw. This is also the best way to buy any new iOS device on a sharing plan. At least on Verizon. Always buy subsidized by adding a line. Keep your phone lines out of contract at 15 a month. Your iPad lines are the ones on contract. Cancel iPad lines as they expire.

Stay away from edge. Currently I have 3 iPad lines. Two iPads and one is in child's iPhone 5. It's basically a lte iPod touch. Data only. Next year I buy another iPhone by adding a line. Concert it to an iPad line. Cancel an old iPad line.

Btw. This is reason enough to own at least one lte iPad. Being able convert lines.

Last edited:

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep!
iPad Air and accessories are already up for sale locally.

:)

**Edit
...and it is sold, in one day ('course doesn't hurt that I basically give our stuff away)
iPad Air 2 on its way tomorrow.
weeeee

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
On a mobile sharing plan the best way to buy an iPad is to buy an iPhone first by adding a line. Sell iPhone. Put that sim in iPad. And then simply change your plan online. By change I mean like from 10 to 12 gbs so that the line is converted automatically. You then have an iPad line on contract at 10 a month. Change it back to 10gb afterwards.

Btw. This is also the best way to buy any new iOS device on a sharing plan. At least on Verizon. Always buy subsidized by adding a line. Keep your phone lines out of contract at 15 a month. Your iPad lines are the ones on contract. Cancel iPad lines as they expire.

Stay away from edge. Currently I have 3 iPad lines. Two iPads and one is in child's iPhone 5. It's basically a lte iPod touch. Data only. Next year I buy another iPhone by adding a line. Concert it to an iPad line. Cancel an old iPad line.

Btw. This is reason enough to own at least one lte iPad. Being able convert lines.

Looking above, you state buy an iPhone first by adding a line, then sell the iPhone. You still have to buy the iPad. You can buy a subsidized iPad from Verizon. Why jump thru the iPhone hoops? I assume the difference in selling the iPhone for a profit is greater than the subsidized price of the iPad?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Well I have iPads already. Lol. But yes. A phone sub is 450. They aren't going to give u that on an iPad. You should be able to profit 400 at least from the phone sale. Apply that to price of iPad.

And if u can find the Plus then you should get more than you typically would.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Upgrading from a Retina Mini. I only got 16 GB at the time I bought it, plus I would like a bigger screen, so I decided to go with a 64 GB Air 2 this year. Probably won't upgrade to next year's iPads though. :)

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to sell my 64GB Air LTE (locally) for $700.

It's not so much the Specs, I love how light the Air 2 is and Touch ID is a must.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Touch ID and two gigs of RAM finally. Makes it a tempting proposition.

I'm waiting another year -- the original Air treats me well.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I did upgrade to the Air 2 and returned it a few weeks later. Other than the better camera which I wouldn't use, and speed bump from the higher processor I didn't see where it was worth the $850. that I paid for it. I ended up turning off the new Touch ID feature as it never worked as well as it does on my iPhone 6 and 6 Plus and I just found it awkward to use on a larger device such as the iPad. Also, after using it for a few days I didn't like how thin Apple made it. I prefer the thickness and weight of my Air 1 which I am now using again. I'll wait till next year and see what the next Gen. have to offer.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice