IPad Air refusing to turn on. What do I do?

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
It started with 7.1.2 and it has gotten worse with ios8. Despite the ipad being fully charged overnight the screen refuses to turn on. Even when I try to do a soft reset it won't work. It finally turned on later this afternoon but after five minutes of use the device shut down and reset itself. I then did erase all content and settings and now it has shut off completely again. I've never had these problems the first few months of this ipad. Does anyone have suggestions?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
re:

It started with 7.1.2 and it has gotten worse with ios8. Despite the ipad being fully charged overnight the screen refuses to turn on. Even when I try to do a soft reset it won't work. It finally turned on later this afternoon but after five minutes of use the device shut down and reset itself. I then did erase all content and settings and now it has shut off completely again. I've never had these problems the first few months of this ipad. Does anyone have suggestions?

First thing to try: Do a hard reset. Hold both the sleep/wake button and the Home button down until you see the Appe logo.

Next, is the device still under warranty? Even if it’s not, making an appointment with an Apple Store genius may be your best course of action.

Failing that, I would suggest that you plug it into your computer and do a full backup, if you can do that. Then, I’d put the iPad in DFU mode and restore it as new - it will download a fresh copy of iOS and install it. Then you can recover your data from the backup.

But be advised, if your issue is hardware, nothing you can do software-wise will make much difference.

To put your device in DFU mode:
Make sure that you’re running the latest version if iTunes. Then, follow these instructions:
How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Ipad refusing to turn on

The problem is that when the ipad doesn't turn on and I connect it to the computer, iTunes doesn't recognize that I connected any device to the computer- also with the screen off even when I do a hard reset it still won't turn on

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

The problem is that when the ipad doesn't turn on and I connect it to the computer, iTunes doesn't recognize that I connected any device to the computer- also with the screen off even when I do a hard reset it still won't turn on

Make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have them diagnose the problem for you.

ksiyer

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
If your iPad is recently purchased , it is best advisable that you contact your nearest Apple dealer and hand over your iPad for a hard core servicing . Please do not tinker with your iPad . You may make your iPad's warranty void and will end up spending more to set right your problem .

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2