• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

My Apps crash since iOS8 upgrade. Why is that?

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
my iPad Air has experienced a variety of app crashes since upgrading to iOS8. Previously it was very stable. 30 GB free and , yes, I have already tried a soft reset.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
re:

Go into your App Store and check if you have any App updates they will start to show up after you updated to iOS 8

eckl

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
re:

Please do a restore. There are cache left behind after the update that maybe the culprit that is causing the problem.

Just do a backup on computer. Hit restore and have a cuppa

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
re:

You may have them set to update automatically, but are you sure those apps have new iOS 8 versions available to download?

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Re:

All my Apps on my iPad Air are running great and this includes 1 App I have had since my iPhone 3G. As far as I know it has not been updated for iOS 7 and 8. In fact it is not even in the App store anymore. The only App I have had problem with is on my iPhone 6 and this App lost support at least a year to 1.5 years ago. They still support the iPad version though.

The only time I had an App really crash was with iOS 7 and all I did was shut the iPad off for about a minute and rebooted it and the App worked fine.