Air or Mini?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I just signed a new contract with my provider and they are offering a mini for free to share data with my cell plan or the air for 170. Is the air that much better than the mini? This is my first PAD experience

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to pick up an iPad. I've never used one. For me, it would come down to screen size. And I'm still undecided about that. It partly would depend on which iPhone 6 size I got, provided they come in both the purported rumored sizes. As far as which is better, someone with experience with both will need to chime in.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have either of those but I have had the iPad 3 since shortly after it's release. While I like it I really think that I would use a mini more. Easier to carry with me.

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the Retina Mini and an iPhone 5. Love both. I love the mini and is a great companion for the bigger screen. As someone else mentioned, the specs are identical so it's just screen size. $170 for a few more inches is a large amount of dough. Just my 2 .02

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the comments guys. I ended up chosing the air mainly because I will be using it for mostly couch potato browsing and what not. I'm not going to be bringing it everywhere with me.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Before the announcement of iOS 8 I would have said go with the Air all day long. But iOS 8 is bringing the ability to download third party keyboards which means gesture typing is coming. That is the biggest reason why I have chosen the Air over the mini is because I need the space so that I can type. But with gesture typing I won't need the space and I will be just as fast and accurate. So then I would have to go with the mini because it is easier to handle and better for gaming.

jeilders

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an Air and swear by it. My adult daughter has a retina mini an says she would never go back to full size. We both use them to read. We each read on average a book a week and the size preference for us has to do with the health of our eyes.

I would see if they have each at the store and just see which one fits your situation.

jonnaver

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I always buy the smaller sizes because I can shove them in coat pockets or cargo shorts. But I like to be mobile with my tablet a lot. If it was mostly for home I'd get the Air.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I always buy the smaller sizes because I can shove them in coat pockets or cargo shorts. But I like to be mobile with my tablet a lot. If it was mostly for home I'd get the Air.

Even with a mini those would be some man sized pockets you got there

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I started off with the iPad mini 1st gen and have now got an iPad air. It's quite light and easy to carry around and I enjoy the extra real estate.

I can easily fit it into these bags which aren't that big.

Posted via my galaxy S5

Attachments

• 20140828_225038-1.jpg
    20140828_225038-1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 20140828_225346-1.jpg
    20140828_225346-1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 38

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I just signed a new contract with my provider and they are offering a mini for free to share data with my cell plan or the air for 170. Is the air that much better than the mini? This is my first PAD experience

I like the mini for smaller size and little bit better portability. You can't go wrong with either, all comes down to personal preference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I change my mind. I think that the Air is definitely he better choice. I think that I have fallen head over heels in love with this thing.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods