Taking the plunge ;)

May 23, 2013
Visit site
So...I'm going to be taking the plunge & getting an iPad Air this weekend from Verizon seeing as it's tax-free weekend here in MA ;) Hey..every little bit helps Lol... and I'm getting so excited!! Up until now I've only been using my Kindle Fire HDX for a tablet & I do love it, but looking to "move up" in the world ;) Anyone have any tips or tricks for a 1st time iPad owner? I do have an iPhone 5s so I don't think I'll have any trouble but I just wanted any input you guys may have ... :)

TIA

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! The Air is a wonderful device.

The only tips and tricks I can tell you, being that you already know your way around iOS as an iPhone owner, is that there's a few apps that have a different version specifically for the iPad, so don't just download the phone version.

It's only a few of them though, so you shouldn't have too many issues.

Last edited:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
So...I'm going to be taking the plunge & getting an iPad Air this weekend from Verizon seeing as it's tax-free weekend here in MA ;) Hey..every little bit helps Lol... and I'm getting so excited!! Up until now I've only been using my Kindle Fire HDX for a tablet & I do love it, but looking to "move up" in the world ;) Anyone have any tips or tricks for a 1st time iPad owner? I do have an iPhone 5s so I don't think I'll have any trouble but I just wanted any input you guys may have ... :)

TIA

My tip: Enjoy the iPad Air :)

edwineel

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
my only suggestion and applies to any electronic device, just turn it off and on from time to time. Besides that, it?s an awesome device. Some complains about Safari crash but this was fixed on recent sw release. The other piece od advise, I start with a 16GB and exchange it for a 32GB. It acommodates better to my needs, but if you want to carry more content you me need a 64GB or 128GB.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! The Air is a wonderful device.

The only tips and tricks I can tell you, being that you already know your way around iOS as an iPhone owner, is that there's a few apps that have a different version specifically for the iPad, so don't just download the phone version.

It's only a few of them though, so you shouldn't have too many issues.

Doesn't the device handle this for you? I can't remember any time I've had the iPhone version of an app on the iPad unless there is only the iPhone version.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
My iPad Air has become my favorite device to use which is saying a lot because I love my iPhone 5S. But I use it every day and I love the typing experience. When I am able to send SMS messages on it I will probably not use my iPhone much at all. I even make phone calls on it and it sounds great. Gaming is awesome and watching movies is an immersive experience. I have no complaints with my Air.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I moved up from the original iPad Mini to a carrier iPad Air and absolutely love it. I never thought I'd need a carrier based iPad, but having constant connectivity opens up gaps & allows me to use it without hesitation (I'll wait till later and end up doing the task on a computer or forgetting altogether).

I have 1TB on Dropbox, use Evernote throughout the day, send/receive about 50 emails per day and have PDF forms to create/ file. I'm able to do this & more very easily on my iPad Air (although I still use my MacBook Air about 30% of the day).

The screen size, the speed, etc are perfect too.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I moved up from the original iPad Mini to a carrier iPad Air and absolutely love it. I never thought I'd need a carrier based iPad, but having constant connectivity opens up gaps & allows me to use it without hesitation (I'll wait till later and end up doing the task on a computer or forgetting altogether).

I have 1TB on Dropbox, use Evernote throughout the day, send/receive about 50 emails per day and have PDF forms to create/ file. I'm able to do this & more very easily on my iPad Air (although I still use my MacBook Air about 30% of the day).

The screen size, the speed, etc are perfect too.

I think the next time I'm going to get and LTE iPad. If I did though, with the improvements coming in iOS 8, I probably wouldn't use my iPhone much at all.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox