Ipad Air vs. Ipad Retina Display vs. A newer Ipad for school

tony477g

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
here's my back story with apple products. I am currently in college so I bought a laptop, 13" Macbook Pro, I absolutely love the machine. Everyone else bought these laptops that on paper were supposedly better than mine. Real life tests proved that the Mac was unbeatable, then again thats why i paid 1800 for the machine! I'm going back to school this fall and I saw a student with an Ipad in class with the textbook loaded on it. I was carrying around 2-3 textbooks to class so it was enticing to me to get one. I'm very tempted to get one so that I can take that to classes so there's a couple of things I want to know first. Will I be able to use Amazon to rent the books? Will the itunes store have these books at comparable prices also for rent? Will I be able to highlight and write on the book for notes(highlighting is more important to me) Ipad Air vs Ipad Retina, I can get a 32gb Ipad RD for 499 at sams club or I can get the Ipad Air 32gb For 579 at the apple store. I dont go back to school until August so should I maybe wait a while and see if Apple unveils a new Ipad?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You may want to wait if you want a newer iPad, but the iPad Mini with retina display would be good for your needs. You can annotate textbooks using iBooks.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Get the ipad mini retina. It's small enough for mobility. As for annotating books, you will find load of applications doing that in the apps store. Beside reading books on the ipad, you can take hands note on the ipad, you can record the lecture if you seat close to the professor or if he speaks through mic. IStudiez app can help you organize your courses both on the ipad and on your MacBook. I wouldn't wait for the next ipad to be release as the ipad mini retina is already good for school needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tony477g

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The issue is/will be one of whether or not your text books are available for iBooks.

If there is an amazon app where i can rent books almost all of them will be on there. im not sure if i can rent them off amazon though. I used to take macbook to class, so size isn't a problem for me. I actually like the bigger size. I have a galaxy s3 as well

EaglePilot81

Banned
Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I did the last two years of college on an iPad. I used keynote, and pages a lot and without a physical keyboard. I would not go with a mini but a full size iPad. If you need one by august I would get the 4th gen retina iPad. You can get it refurbished from the apple website for $450 for a 64gb. I would recommend getting as much storage as you can afford so you can store everything you need in your iPad. Here is a link to the page in apples site Refurbished iPad with Retina display Wi-Fi 64GB - Black (4th generation) - Apple Store (U.S.)

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Something to remember is that the last set of iPads didn't come out until November. If you wait for a new ipad it will probably be around those times. You should get the iPad Air since it's more future proof with its a7 chip. Also you can highlight I'm texts if you rent a book using kindle/amazon. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2