Well, I finally took the plunge

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Grabbed an iPad Air WiFi 64GB from the Apple Store. The features coming to iOS 8 and Yosemite were to much to resist and I've wanted to move up from my 7" Android for awhile.

Thoughts so far:

The internal speaker is surprisingly good.
Touchscreen keyboard gets easier to use at larger sizes.
Screen takes prints pretty bad. I may want a screen protector.

I loved how I could complete setup over wifi from my Mac.

I've been sold on iOS since I got my iPod Touch but it wasn't practical for a lot of things. I think I'm really going to enjoy the larger screen and 64 GB ought to be plenty of storage for when I don't have wifi and need local content.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on getting your new iPad and I hope you enjoy it for years to come...:)

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Grabbed an iPad Air WiFi 64GB from the Apple Store. The features coming to iOS 8 and Yosemite were to much to resist and I've wanted to move up from my 7" Android for awhile.

Thoughts so far:

The internal speaker is surprisingly good.
Touchscreen keyboard gets easier to use at larger sizes.
Screen takes prints pretty bad. I may want a screen protector.

I loved how I could complete setup over wifi from my Mac.

I've been sold on iOS since I got my iPod Touch but it wasn't practical for a lot of things. I think I'm really going to enjoy the larger screen and 64 GB ought to be plenty of storage for when I don't have wifi and need local content.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new iPad!

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The iPad Air is my favorite gadget. I use it everyday. Congratulations on your new device.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I got one today after my Note Pro was destroyed.
Apple CS was fantastic in helping me set it up, now I'm cruising.
It's way lighter than my old iPad 4 and it's very smooth and easy to operate.
And Apple won't force updates on my like Android did, yay! :D

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the verge of "taking the plunge" as well, just on the fence about waiting for the possible release of the Air 2 in October (or any time in the Fall for that matter).

Any thoughts on why you took the plunge when you did, vs. waiting?

Thanks.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I had the third gen iPad and upgraded today. My home button has been acting up for a while (tried restoring as new, using canned air, etc.), so I just said the heck with it and upgraded. The only thing I'll probably regret in my timing is when the new one comes out with TouchID. Other than that, I'm not a heavy gamer, and with it being a 64 bit processor, I think I'm relatively safe in receiving OS upgrades for a while. Plus, I'm usually leery about buying the first run of any new product. I figure they've worked out as many of the kinks as they can by now.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on the fence, now between getting a carrier model vs wifi only.

The new version will probably only have minimal improvements, so I agree the current model seems to be very very good.

Best of luck

TechnologyTwitt
iPad Mini

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm still on the fence, now between getting a carrier model vs wifi only.

The new version will probably only have minimal improvements, so I agree the current model seems to be very very good.

Best of luck

TechnologyTwitt
iPad Mini

My first iPad (iPad 2) was wifi only. I then changed jobs (shortly before the iPad 4 was released) and decided that having a cellular enabled model would be beneficial. It's a greater upfront cost, but it doesn't require a contract and you can turn it on/off whenever it is needed. I don't think I've ever suspended service since I first turned it on. I may not make full use of all the data that I am allotted, but it sure is handy to have it available. Now, if you carry a cell phone that allows tethering, then it may not be that beneficial. I'm still on the unlimited data plan for AT&T, so no tethering. I also decided that having a Verizon iPad to compliment my AT&T phone is probably not such a bad backup plan.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a fan of Verizon & currently have AT&T on my iPhone. T-Mobile will be my choice for iPad Air service hands down. Although their coverage is spotty nationally compared to Verizon & AT&T, where I am & will be using it it's supposedly perfect and blazing fast.

I'm checking one out this evening after work.

TechnologyTwitt
iPad Mini

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a fan of Verizon & currently have AT&T on my iPhone. T-Mobile will be my choice for iPad Air service hands down. Although their coverage is spotty nationally compared to Verizon & AT&T, where I am & will be using it it's supposedly perfect and blazing fast.

I'm checking one out this evening after work.

TechnologyTwitt
iPad Mini

I'm not a fan or Verizon or AT&T, but T-Mobile service is not very good in town, and I travel a fair bit, so I need to have something that covers most of the nation. Sprint never entered into the equation. (Had them for work related phones for the better part of 10 years, and that was some of the lousiest service I've ever had with a carrier.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox