Randomly going to home screen while I'm working on stuff and then what I was working on is lost ???

Jathom

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I landed here today because I had this problem a few weeks ago but still wanted see if there was a specific fix. In my home we have Apple TV, 2 x ipad2, 2 x iPhone 6, iPhone 3GS, and a pair of ibm laptops. I noticed my one of the iPad 2 started crashing during games and safari so I started troubleshooting. What I found interesting was that if I was streaming content like movies or music, podcasts, video clips, the device didn't crash of buffer... However, I noticed all the crashing was associated with any action that send and received data over the network simultaneously. So I started looking at my network. In the end I upgraded my wireless router and crashing reduced significantly. I use my iPad 2 and iPhone 6 all the time so they get a lot of work. My iPad 2 crashes were 2 or 3 times per hour in a single continuous session and dropped to maybe 1 or 2 times per 12 - 15 hour work day. I'm not sure what it is but some of the older wireless routers don't seem to work too nicely with Apple devices. On that same old Router I had, we had to restart it at times because the some devices would see the Apple TV for AirPlay and others won't. They were not seeing each other on the same wifi network. With iCloud, iCloud Drive, music sharing and so on now our networks have to handle a lot more uploaded data than in previous generations. Where the focus was almost exclusively on download speed and stability we now have to consider upload. So with all the syncing taking place it is well worth looking at if the devices become unstable when downloading only as in streaming or mostly when engaged in intense 2 way data transfer activities. I'm not saying it will work for others or there isn't a device problem but it's something to look at. Apple being Apple, their devices might demand specific things of older networking devices in terms of throughput or security that these routers just can't deal with.

JIssenmann

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi Davyo,
what's new with your iPad now? I have an iPadmini which I bought in December 2014 and a week before the one year warranty expired I came to the store because I had a problem with the screen which they then decided not being able to repair it and I was given a "new" one which I am sure it was a "refurbished" one. Since then I never had a problem until 2 weeks ago doing what yours was doing. I am right now downloading IOS 10 and hopefully it will clear up the problem. Other than that I never came across any problem. It actually belongs to my now 11 years old son which he uses MOSTLY on video games and watching youtube. I don't install facebook nor any other social network media nor using any email/writing.
I never used iMovie. We only watch videos/films on youtube. I'll check it out then since you CAN NOT live without it! :)
Crossing my fingers that the IOS 10 will remedy the problem.

Jacqueline

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi Davyo,
what's new with your iPad now? I have an iPadmini which I bought in December 2014 and a week before the one year warranty expired I came to the store because I had a problem with the screen which they then decided not being able to repair it and I was given a "new" one which I am sure it was a "refurbished" one. Since then I never had a problem until 2 weeks ago doing what yours was doing. I am right now downloading IOS 10 and hopefully it will clear up the problem. Other than that I never came across any problem. It actually belongs to my now 11 years old son which he uses MOSTLY on video games and watching youtube. I don't install facebook nor any other social network media nor using any email/writing.
I never used iMovie. We only watch videos/films on youtube. I'll check it out then since you CAN NOT live without it! :)
Crossing my fingers that the IOS 10 will remedy the problem.

Jacqueline

What happened with that iPad is Apple totally screwed me over, they exchanged my faulty NEW iPad Air 2 three times with faulty used refurbished iPads.
When I received the 3rd refurbished iPad Air 2 it was was failing just like the other 2 refurbished iPads and my Brand New Air 2.
I ended up selling my 3rd refurbished Air 2 for a big loss in money and had to start all over again buying ANOTHER brand new Air 2.
I still have my second Air 2 and it works flawlessly, but it took me 5 Air 2's to get there, one brand new one and 3 refurbished ones,,, all failing !!!!!!, and then having to go buy another brand new one because all the used refurbished ones Apple gave me didn't work,,,, what's Apples slogan (it just works),,, nice slogan Apple.
When the 13" iPad Pro came out I bought one as well and it's worked perfectly from day one to right now as I'm typing this post on it.

Cheers
Davyo

saintronnie666

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
This is not an iPad problem this is an OS problem by new iPhone 7 has cost me over 10 hours of work thus far . It happens especially while in dictation . No hard reset will work, restore as new wont and latest os update doesn't either

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR