ipad air from tmobile

reelon

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Seen that tmobile has some great pricing on the ipad air I am thinking of getting one. I am currently using a Nexus 7 (2013) which I like very much, but I am looking for some more real estate. The question is are the ipads that tmobile sells locked? Or are they like the ones in verizon that you can use with any carrier in the US?
Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you mean the iPad Air (cellular & Wi-Fi) model. If so, then I was under the impression that GSM model iPad were unlocked. I read it somewhere, but I can't recall where. Still, I have no proof to back that claim.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My guy wants to get one. We asked they said it came locked. Though you'll be able to unlock it after 90 days. That's just what the rep told me. I'd definitely do a little more research. =)

After all the stuff they told me about my Z10, I'm not sure they are 100% honest...
Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.

reelon

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I did end up getting the iPad. Went to a corporate verizon store to ask for a nano SIM card and they told that it wasn't possible because the iPad was not from their network. I cut the SIM card from my nexus 7 and put it on the iPad and works great. Afterwards I called technical support and was told that I would only be able to get a verizon SIM card for the iPad from an apple store. So in the mean time I'm using it with tmobile.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I did end up getting the iPad. Went to a corporate verizon store to ask for a nano SIM card and they told that it wasn't possible because the iPad was not from their network. I cut the SIM card from my nexus 7 and put it on the iPad and works great. Afterwards I called technical support and was told that I would only be able to get a verizon SIM card for the iPad from an apple store. So in the mean time I'm using it with tmobile.

Ya apple will give you one .. Verizon has them but the stores most of the time are jerks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I saw your post about the Air your purchased, etc etc.

I'm on the fence about bumping up from the iPad Mini to an Air (on T-Mobile). How do you like your Air so far? How are you using it (work vs. play). Any feedback would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner