Am I crazy for wanting to do this?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a 32 GB iPad air wifi model, and I absolutely love it. Currently, I use my iPhone 5 to tether via the hotspot, but I have seen Verizon's new More Everything plans and have considered moving to one of those plans and swapping my wifi model for an LTE one. They're also having a good sale, with a 32 GB LTE for only $529. (I could sell my wifi back to Gazelle and net $350 for it.) That would mean I would pay about $15 more per month, so I guess I am looking to see if the extra cash is worth it for LTE. One of the pros would be I could save battery on my phone when I'm out and about. I also use my iPad to produce content (teaching, writing, etc.), so the LTE seems like it would be more convenient. As the subject line indicates, am I crazy? Or does it make sense to strike while the Verizon sale is hot?

edwineel

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
It make a lot of sense if you need connectivity all the time. My iPad is wifi only and I usually use a public wifi hotspot. When there is no free wifi available, then I use my phone as a hotspot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a 32 GB LTE from Verizon and I love it. The iPad makes a great tethering device because of it's battery life, and $529 is a great deal, I think I paid $729 for mine... ( at least I will once it's paid off on the device payment plan ). Definitely not crazy, only $10 access charge and you can put insurance on it that covers it if lost or stolen. As good as AppleCare is that is the one thing that it doesn't cover and as much as apple products are valued by the honest and dishonest alike. I like having that extra peace of mind. All in all I think you would be crazy not to do it. You probably could sell the 32 GB WiFi version to cover a good portion of that $529.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on how much you value convenience, if you are the kind that must absolutely want connectivity on demand for your iPad, go for it and don't look back. You probably won't regret it much because the iPad is a swell device to have connectivity on the go.

I use it to watch movies all the time when I'm out and I don't see a better use for money put towards a tablet.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
350 for an ipad air 32 gb? That's the crazy part of your story! You can sell it for more on craigslist. I would not settle for 350 for the newest and lightest iPad. Everything else in your plan is solid.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
350 for an ipad air 32 gb? That's the crazy part of your story! You can sell it for more on craigslist. I would not settle for 350 for the newest and lightest iPad. Everything else in your plan is solid.

That's my feeling, too. No way I'd let it go for $350 to Gazelle.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon iPad Air but I popped out the Verizon sim and put in a free tmobile one I don't use a ton of data when not on wifi but free is free and it works to send a email here and their

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if having LTE would be worth it for me. I usually get along fine with using wifi at home and work. I usually don't use my iPad anywhere else outside of those two places. And besides, most public places you go to where you would even think about using an iPad usually has free wifi like coffee shops and the like.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox