My iPad Air display has cracked.. Anyone else with this problem?

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
iPad Air display has cracked... Anyone else with this problem?

Screenshots_2014-03-21-17-01-06.png

Hello all!

Since the Air came out I've had ups and downs with it. I've returned it about 3x or exchanged for an ipad mini with retina display. These were various reasons including the infamous resprings/crashes and other things. But I've concluded that I really need an iPad to contain all of my textbooks and assignments for school (not to mention browsing and content consuming). Anyways I've recently bought an ipad air about 3 weeks ago and in class yesterday I noticed cracks in the screen. They are not too long and aren't really that noticeable but as we all know cracks can spread. I have about 2 or 3 and my ipad always had a case. And is usually in my bag or on my desk when I'm not using it.

Anyone else have this problem? Take a look at yours. I can hear the division of the screen when my nail is around the crack.

Btw I have AppleCare plus so I can always take it in if it gets worse. Kind of sad though I baby this thing.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
re:

Either this is a lemon, or something bad happened to it. I advise getting it exchanged ASAP.

Definitely a lemon because its always protected and it never took a tumble yet. I don't want to use my apple care Plus on this (because it is small and not really noticeable). So do you think I can convince them it was a hardware issue and not negligent on my part? or is it smarter to just keep it and exchange it when/ if it gets worse? Thanks for your input!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
IPad air screen small cracks . Any one else with this problem?

Will be hard to convince them I would think but it's worth a shot. Worst case they say no. Personally I would get it fixed.

vjh425

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
re:

I've had my iPad Air since it came out and I haven't had any problems with my screen. Sounds like you definitely have a dud, but I doubt Apple would agree with that statement.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
re:

Yup I havent dropped it at all and it is always in a case. I don't keep my keys in my bag only books in it so I don't get what could have scratched it like that. There isn't even any scuffs around the bezel (which is where one scratch is). pr1nce I have thought about returning it but I think it would be hard to prove that its a dud and I would most likely have to pay 50 bucks through applecare+ to get it fixed which I don't think I should have to do.

But its worth a shot!

quotientstech

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
re:

If it is, in fact a stress crack, or a failure of the hardware, they will be able to tell. I have always found it helpful to play to the associate's desire to help. You have about a 50% chance of a no cost replacement if you play it right.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
re:

If it is, in fact a stress crack, or a failure of the hardware, they will be able to tell. I have always found it helpful to play to the associate's desire to help. You have about a 50% chance of a no cost replacement if you play it right.

I will give it a shot tomorrow since I'm done school for the semester. Hopefully it'll pan out for me.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
re:

Did you get your iPad Air replaced under warranty?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Unfortunately not. They suggested that I use my apple care accidental incident but I've opted to wait and see if it gets worse. It's not visible or obtrusive while using my ipad and you can see it in some cases but it is annoying that it happened in the first place.

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

Did you say you keep it in your book bag? Textbooks can be heavy; I wonder if you sat your bag down and the weight of books on top of it cause the crack.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal