What Is Missing From The iPad Air To Make You Buy The Next Generation iPad?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you. I was gonna get an Air, but after some thought decided I'll replace my iPad 2 with an iPad that has Touch ID.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

That's a smart choice. :) Its likely that iOS 7 will be the last major update that the iPad 2 can support.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any issues with my iPad Air. I see that some have expressed a desire for Touch ID on their iPads. I really don't have the need for it on my iPad. I use it on my iPhone and it doesn't provide a completely different experience so I don't really need it. I love my Air and there is nothing I would say that I need that it doesn't provide. Love the size, the weight, screen, battery life, and the speed. No complaints.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I assume that Apple will find a way to develop a feature and explain that I wanted it all along and just didn't know it. And they'll be right.

For now, I can think of nothing. But I still have new gadget feel on my Air. It blows my mind how just taking a bit of weight off makes it so much more usable as an ereader.

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
This is a great question. I've had every iPad up to iPad 3. Before I would upgrade again at that point was two speakers. So I was glad when the Air was presented with dual speakers. Now I would like those speakers to be on opposite sides. That would really have me ready to line up.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Nothing and I could care less about Touch ID on it. Why? Because I use a smart case and I want my screen to unlock and be ready to use every time it open the cover.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Touch I.D. I am fine with 128 GB of storage, but if the next iPad Air has Touch I.D. and an 8 MP camera, then I'll get both the iPad Air 2 and the 5.5" iPhone 6 128 GB. However, if I have to replace my MBP with a new late 2013 15" MBPr then I'll keep my current devices. If I replace my MBP with a late 2014 15" MBPr, then I'll just get the 5.5" iPhone 6 by trading in my iPhone and iPad to Apple or Verizon and pay the remaining balance (full retail price).

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Touch I.D. I am fine with 128 GB of storage, but if the next iPad Air has Touch I.D. and an 8 MP camera, then I'll get both the iPad Air 2 and the 5.5" iPhone 6 128 GB. However, if I have to replace my MBP with a new late 2013 15" MBPr then I'll keep my current devices. If I replace my MBP with a late 2014 15" MBPr, then I'll just get the 5.5" iPhone 6 by trading in my iPhone and iPad to Apple or Verizon and pay the remaining balance (full retail price).

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

That's one hardware feature that I truly don't care about and that's the back camera on the iPad. I rarely take pictures with my iPad.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR